Disk not found

• Hello,
    Every time I install an update or try to install backports kernel, my system will not start anymore, I still have this message :

I tried to fix the system by going through a live cd (fsck utility), but that does not change anything.
    So I am forced to restore my system from a backup via Clonezilla. For information, OMV is installed on USB stick.

What is going on ? It's annoying because I can not update system packages :(

OMV 3.0.87 (Erasmus)
    HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T - 8GB ECC - 4x Seagate BarraCuda 2TB (RAID5)

Ride safe V

• Hi,
    I cloned my current system on an clean SD Card (Class 10), and it was the same, OMV won't start after installing updates.
    Does the problem really come from the USB stick if I have the same case on an SD card ? :huh:

OMV 3.0.87 (Erasmus)
    HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T - 8GB ECC - 4x Seagate BarraCuda 2TB (RAID5)

Ride safe V

• Offizieller Beitrag

I cloned my current system on an clean SD Card (Class 10), and it was the same, OMV won't start after installing updates.
    Does the problem really come from the USB stick if I have the same case on an SD card ?

If your usb stick is failing and you clone it to an SD card, you clone the problems as well. Files are corrupted and there isn't an easy way to fix that.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• OK, the only solution is to perform a new installation.
    If I do a new installation (with the same version that I currently have, 2.2.14), can I also risk to lose my RAID data ?

This was the last question I wanted to know, as a follow-up to our discussion : RAID5 after new installation

OMV 3.0.87 (Erasmus)

Ride safe V

• Offizieller Beitrag

can I also risk to lose my RAID data ?

You *shouldn't*. Personally, I would install OMV 3.x. There is just as much chance that your array doesn't re-assemble installing OMV 2.x as 3.x.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Ok, thank you for your replies, I close the thread.
    I will upgrade OMV later.

OMV 3.0.87 (Erasmus)

Ride safe V

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!