Permission denied from FTP server on OMV RaspberryPi 3

• I am using FileZila client on my Win7 laptop to connect to FTP server on my OMV RaspberryPi 3 server. After successful login to the server, uploading file fails with a message permission denied. I have created an admin account with read/write privileges and I don't know what else I could do, everything is setup the way it should be. The share archive folder has read/write privileges too. Any idea why FileZila is rejected of uploading a file to the share directory?
    P.S. Couldn't find any similar topic using the search option, sorry.

• did you check the owner of the share ? If you ssh into your omv box you can ls -la "/path/to/shared/folder" to see the chmod and user/group ownership.

Double check the permissions of your user, ensure the shared folder is not set to "read only" (you can lock everyone out from writing with this option, it's on shared folders page not the users page)

• I can't say I have progress here. I have wiped the HDD, formatted, mounted and it is listed in shared folders. I still can't even list the directory of the hooked ext USB HDD, not to even upload any file. The problem is the setup of the home the directory, whatever folder I choose it's not doing anything. The same situation is with the other servers not only FTP. I don't understand why is this so complicated. Some 15 years ago I have setup FTP servers on Windows machines without any problem, why this OVM has to be so difficult to setup?

• Hi, you need to create a shared folder in the 'Shared Folders page' and give access to your ftp user in the permissions.

Then, you will need to add this shared folder to your FTP shares in the 'FTP' page under services. You need to add shares for each service, ie. SMB/CIFS

• Thank you guys. I finally got it to work. And yes, the problem was because I didn't do everything in the order it was supposed to be done but it is working fine now. Although some users say this is "Insanely Slow Network Access Storage" I would say it's pretty decent combination of a hardware and a software. The speed is limited to the ports used (Ethernet 100 Mbps = 12MBps), I get over 11MBps so I can't complain. If one wants to transfer several TeraBytes over this NAS for a short period of time it's not bearable. I use it for FTP, Plex and Windows Network and everything is just fine. Normally if you use Wireless, it sucks but I have ethernet cable connected to the RPi so no problem there. Best regards and thanks for your help.

• I think my main issue (besides the fact that I skipped some steps) was that I tried to use the hard drive root directory as a folder. It was actually shown as a folder but the content was invisible. After I created a new folder and moved all the content, everything showed up. It seems like a decent NAS now.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!