Server crash during Emby Sync

• Hello, I can't seem to sync with my emby server, every time I try I get a failed sync or the server crashes.

Let me start from the beginning, I've been using the emby plugin on Openmediavault 2.x for more than an year and a half without issues. Recently my OMV server started getting some serious issues where I couldn't connect to emby or update any other addons.

I decided to do a clean install of OMV since OMV3 is out and I was still running an older version; OMV3 doesn't have a emby plugin so I had to install emby using the Debian method. OMV3 installs fine, Emby using the debian method installs fine, the emby server starts fine. I use the webGUI for emby server to add my library(takes a couple of hours to add everything) and once everything is added, I connect to the server in Kodi using my emby connect login. Emby plugin in Kodi connects without an issue and Initial Sync starts; this is where things start to go wrong. Sometimes the sync says completed but majority of the files are not synced or only some files in the folder are synced. At other times the Sync says completed but I can't connect to the Emby server(in kodi), so I try to connect using the WebGUI and that too doesn't connect since it seems like the server crashed. I try to connect to the OMV3 WebGUI but that too has crashed. I need to manually power down and restart the server for both webGUI to come back up.

I've tried to go back to OMV2 but during the install process, I can't seem to connect to the internet through DHCP and automatic configuration fails. If I try to manually connect to the router, it does temporarily but disconnects again during the install process and can't finish the install. Near the end of the install it asks you to pick a Debian server but since I'm discounted from the internet for some reason at this stage, I can't proceed. This problem doesn't exist when installing OMV3, DHCP and automatic configuration works fine.
    I'm now stuck on OMV3 without a way to go back to OMV2 and unable to sync to the emby server on OMV3 without getting failed syncs or hard crashes. any help on this issue would be grateful, since I travel outside the country a lot, the server is my main connection to my files and media. Thank You.

System
    CPU: AMD AM1 Athlon 5350
    Motherboard: ASRock AM1B-ITX
    Ram: 4GB
    HDD: 160GB OS Drive
    HDD2: 4TB Media Drive
    Router: Asus RT-AC66U B1
    * Router is connected to Modem using bridge/pass through (only way to use router with my ISP modem)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ok let me start by saying I use Emby on OMV 3 including the Kodi plugin.

I have installed Emby using @ryecoaaron apt tool this gives you far more control over the installation and it updates, I also have the kodi sync plugin and kodi runs on a Pi 2 connected to the tv in the lounge.
    You've now kicked me up the **** because since moving to 3 I haven't used kodi...so if I get the opportunity today I'll have a look.

I've looked in the Emby forum and searching for kodi plugin you have posted in there and got a reply, pointing to a new addon for kodi called EmbyCon....I didn't know about this so it might be worth a look.

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

• Thank You for the reply, I just saw the post on the emby forums and will look into EmbyCon. I also used apt tool and installed using the same method @ryecoaaron posted about. As I mentioned in the emby forums, My nas is at home and I'm currently in a different country for work, half way across the world so my only connection to my media has been through emby. While the crash happens during emby sync, it takes out both emby server and omv server so not sure which is causing the crash. Is it something in OMV3 or something on the Emby server install; hence why I posted in both forums.

Having been unplugged from my OMV server for a couple of days, realizing just how much I relied on it, and hoping to get it up and running asap. Thanks again for your reply.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!