Plex Media Server Install help

• Sorry it didn't work out for you. Everyone here is willing to help should you change your mind.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• If you are installing omv extras, or a plugin, manually you should always run this after the dpkg -i command:

apt-get -f install

If it does not show right away then clearing your browser cache should be the next move.

Also, you can verify that a package is available for download and list the repo/s it is coming from with this command.

apt-cache policy plexmediaserver

• Tried again through the console. I know I typed it exactly like instruction and I get the message "unable to resolve host address omv-extras.org. I guess the computer gods are against me.

Sounds like the network connection is not properly configured and/or not connected to the internet.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• "unable to resolve host address omv-extras.org.

Please check if you have configured a DNS server in the network settings. If not try 8.8.8.8 or your local router address.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Yea. Set to 8.8.8.8 and what do you know. Installed omv extras. Then installed plex but have no idea from there as I don't see it. Lots to learn. Definitely not Windoze.

Awesome, looks like you're getting somewhere. Look at the "Services" tab on OMV. Even though you haven't activated the plugin, you may see Plex listed there with a green dot indicating that it's running already. That's what happened to me, so you should be able to visit your IP:32400/web and start configuring.

• I feel like such a dumb ass. I see omv extras under general settings. When I click on it I see plex which I have enabled by the little green switch. Past that I am confused. I thought after that plex would show up in the services section but nothing there. Never mind I think I have it. will report back later. Maybe I will eventually figure this out. Thanks to all for their advice.

• Just an update. Got Plex running and configured and have added a couple of movies and can access through my smart tv so all is good. Two days of struggling. Just remember I am just a dumb windoze user for 20 years and this is so much different but lots of fun when I finally have some success.

• Just stick with it and keep moving forward. I thought we lost you for a bit.

--

• I'm having a similar issue where I can not get plexmediaserver to run. I was able to install omvextras just fine with no errors and then install the plex plugin just fine with no errors. when I enable plex it won't run and I can't get to the plex client from there. I did just upgrade to Erasmus from stoneburner in which I was having problems with trying to update plex, but docker was causing issues with that. I tried a few things and found a resolution on a different thread. I was able to remove plex and docker and omvextras and a couple other plugins so then I upgraded after that.

• I'm having a similar issue where I can not get plexmediaserver to run. I was able to install omvextras just fine with no errors and then install the plex plugin just fine with no errors. when I enable plex it won't run and I can't get to the plex client from there. I did just upgrade to Erasmus from stoneburner in which I was having problems with trying to update plex, but docker was causing issues with that. I tried a few things and found a resolution on a different thread. I was able to remove plex and docker and omvextras and a couple other plugins so then I upgraded after that.

This may sound odd, but the Plex plugin is actually running even if you don't click the "Enable" button in the settings. I don't know if this is an error or by design. So, I'd reboot and look at the dashboard, you may see Plex already has a green light and you'll be able to access the web GUI at yourIP:32400. If not, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the plugin, and beyond that, somebody else will have to chime in.

• Hi

I joined just to reply :)

I too was having a major problem trying to get the plex mediaserver plugin installed as it didnt show up in the plugins list.

what I did to fix it was uninstall then re-install omvextrasorg plugin which was installed by default, and voila plexmedia server just showed up in the list.
    I had tried every single possible on every forum and guide i could find and in the end thats what worked for me. hope this helps someone else with the same issue.

By the way this was on omv 3.0.79 running on raspberry pi 3.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!