Permission denied debain-deluge/transmission

• Im trying to make the web gui of both application deluge and transmission to download to my to the other drives with no luck.
    I've given both debain-deluge and debian-transmission read and write access to the shared folder /media/misc.
    Still not able to download correctly.

The settings was way more clear on transmission settings than deluge, I don't know how to select the correct path in deluge. /media/misc doesnt work...

Im not sure how to set it up properly, maybe someone can help me in the right direction.

//B

• You'll find that any shares created in omv will be under /srv

Not if he udpated from another version. had this aswell till i did a new installation for new hardware.

Back to this:

My folder for deluge torrent looks like this in the webUI: /srv/Volume1/share/Torrent/

maybe /media/Volume1/share/Torrent/ aswell.

• Offizieller Beitrag

not specifically if do ls -l /srv that will give you the list of drives, if you then do ls -l /srv/<drive name>

for instance one of mine would be ls -l /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Volume2 that would then list the shares on that volume......but you don't need to do this by ssh you should see the shares in omv gui access rights management>>>shared folders.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there a command via ssh I can run to see the full share name?

You can add a column in the filesystems tab to see the full share path (mount point column).

• not specifically if do ls -l /srv that will give you the list of drives, if you then do ls -l /srv/<drive name>

for instance one of mine would be ls -l /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Volume2 that would then list the shares on that volume......but you don't need to do this by ssh you should see the shares in omv gui access rights management>>>shared folders.

You can add a column in the filesystems tab to see the full share path (mount point column).

Thanks for the support guys. @ryecoaaron that's just what I'm looking for.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I must have been away for that class....how does one do that?

https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…lob/master/add_column.gif

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

What am I doing wrong, this might be the dumbest question...

If I change it to /srv/dev/sda1/Torrent/media/misc it will not work either.

Never used deluge or transmission but it is complaining about a permissions issue not that the directory doesn't exist. Maybe fix the permissions with reset permissions?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Is that the share? because that image is of the file system page

See the attachment. It's a shared folder.

Never used deluge or transmission but it is complaining about a permissions issue not that the directory doesn't exist. Maybe fix the permissions with reset permissions?

What do you use as a primary torrent client?
    How do I reset the permissions I think I've changed to many settings now..

• Offizieller Beitrag

See the attachment. It's a shared folder.

I know what it is!! but you're displaying it via the file system tab and not the shared folder tab!!

Try setting the share to guest/public and see if deluge can gain access to it

• Offizieller Beitrag

What do you use as a primary torrent client?

I don't use any torrent client or download client.

Install the resetperms plugin and there will be a reset permissions tab on the shared folder tab.

• I know what it is!! but you're displaying it via the file system tab and not the shared folder tab!!

Try setting the share to guest/public and see if deluge can gain access to it

I might add Im using NFS not SMB.

I don't use any torrent client or download client.

Install the resetperms plugin and there will be a reset permissions tab on the shared folder tab.

I did install it and run the resetperms for all three folders. I still got permission denied.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I did install it and run the resetperms for all three folders. I still got permission denied.

The user that deluge/transmission is running as does not have permission to the folder then. You will have to use a more liberal permission when using reset or add that user to the shared folder privileges.

• Ok I don't use NFS but what if you do chmod 777 <full path to folder> does that work....I'm shooting the dark here..

May I ask how I do that, im completly fresh on this.

The user that deluge/transmission is running as does not have permission to the folder then. You will have to use a more liberal permission when using reset or add that user to the shared folder privileges.

Okay, I'm using read/write permission now and I can only change this to read/write/execute.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!