RAID5 not in /media

• Hi guys, I'm pretty exited about my new server. It has Vmware on it and is running OMV in a VM with direct passthrough of my SATA controller and the 3x3 TB reds attatched to it. It is running very well but I'm not sure how to access the datastore through SSH.
    I'm not sure what the correct state is but on my old OMV server i had the disk in /media/. I put together a new one but it doesn't show up there. Anybody any clue?

• If you add labels to your disks they might appear by label instead.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I have added a label to it, it's called Volume1. However I'm pretty sure that there is something wrong with it. Whenever i try to open the directory in putty it says -bash: cd: Volume1: Not a directory

Code
    root@openmediavaultVM:/dev/disk/by-label# ls
    Volume1
    root@openmediavaultVM:/dev/disk/by-label# cd Volume1
    -bash: cd: Volume1: Not a directory
    root@openmediavaultVM:/dev/disk/by-label#

It causes problem because whenever I start OMV I can't use any shared folders in NFS or Samba. When I open the shared folders in the webgui it points to this location. I have to edit the share, reset the device and save it. Only then will the shared folders work again.

Does anybody know what's going on or have any solution to this?

• Creating a disk label doesn't make it a directory on the disk or in the filesystem. It is only a disk identifier.

See what it now looks like in /srv

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• It says this in /srv/

Code
    root@openmediavaultVM:/srv# ls
    dev-disk-by-id-md-name-openmediavaultVM-Volume1  dev-disk-by-label-Volume1  ftp

The problem is that the webgui does't recognise the shared folders in some way or at least i have to reset the disk every time i reboot...

• You will probably have to recreate the shares using the new identifier.

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!