openmediavault-webgui_acces.log

• Hi all !

can somebody help me to reduce the "openmediavault-webgui_acces.log in /var/log/nginx ?

You need not be surprised if the SD card does not last long on the Banana Pi.
    The log will increase from minute to minute :(

[LibreELEC @ 2x RPi3, CoreELEC @ S12 Octa Core]

[ NAS OMV 5.xx (Usul) @ NanoPI M4 ]

[ Nextcloud 18.0.4 @ ODROID C2 ]

[ Motioneye @ RPi4]

• Offizieller Beitrag

You need not be surprised if the SD card does not last long on the Banana Pi.
    The log will increase from minute to minute

If you install the flashmemory plugin as recommended with any flash media install, those logs will be written to ram and not affect the SD card at all.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The flashmemory plugin has been installed since the first installation of OMV as the first plugin.
    But I believe the problem is at the moment away since I deleted the openmediavault-webgui_acces.log, since the no new log appears. But I think after reboot it will come back.

[ Motioneye @ RPi4]

• Offizieller Beitrag

The flashmemory plugin has been installed since the first installation of OMV as the first plugin.

Then you won't have any problems.

But I believe the problem is at the moment away since I deleted the openmediavault-webgui_acces.log, since the no new log appears. But I think after reboot it will come back.

I really don't think it is a problem that nginx is logging. And yes, it will come back as soon as nginx tries to log something. *LOTS* of services log to files in Linux. nginx is not even close to one of the services that log a lot of messages.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Then you won't have any problems.

I really don't think it is a problem that nginx is logging. And yes, it will come back as soon as nginx tries to log something. *LOTS* of services log to files in Linux. nginx is not even close to one of the services that log a lot of messages.

It is nevertheless to be seen in the log of my first post, it is logged twice every 30sec. I did not invent it. The question was actually, whether one can adjust.

[ Motioneye @ RPi4]

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is nevertheless to be seen in the log of my first post, it is logged twice every 30sec. I did not invent it.

I didn't say you invented it. I have the same logs on my OMV installs.

The question was actually, whether one can adjust.

I wasn't avoiding the question. I was just trying to figure out why you were trying to "fix" it. You could disable nginx logging completely. If you leave logging enabled, it is going to log whenever the web server is connected to. In this case, monit is making sure the web server is functioning by connecting every 30 seconds. You could adjust the monit check frequency but that would negatively affect everything monit checks.

• The main problem is that I do not know where I should start, because the nginx log is in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf configured
    and is called  /var/log/nginx/access.log
    Where I configure openmediavault-webgui_access.log ??? 8|

[ Motioneye @ RPi4]

• Offizieller Beitrag

The main problem is that I do not know where I should start, because the nginx log is in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf configured
    and is called /var/log/nginx/access.log
    Where I configure openmediavault-webgui_access.log ???

/etc/nginx/sites-available/openmediavault-webgui has the setting but any time you make a change to the omv web interface, it will overwrite your changes. If you change the file the overwrite the config, it will be overwritten by OMV updates. Kinda why I recommend leaving this alone.

• @ryecoaaron

Thank you, that's useful !

I think however that the flashmemory plugin does not work properly on my server, perhaps because I have disabled swapfile?

And where can I do this at any time in webgui?

[ Motioneye @ RPi4]

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Aux ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think however that the flashmemory plugin does not work properly on my server, perhaps because I have disabled swapfile?

Disabling the swapfile shouldn't cause a problem other than if you run out of tmpfs space, it will try to use a swapfile.

And where can I do this at any time in webgui?

Do what?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Look Up there the fat text

There are lots of settings that cause the nginx config to rebuilt. The General Settings tab and anything in the nginx plugin. Plenty of others.

• There are lots of settings that cause the nginx config to rebuilt. The General Settings tab and anything in the nginx plugin. Plenty of others.

Then I have to install the nginx plugin, until now I thought that does not need the plugin?

Many Thanks @ryecoaaron

[ Motioneye @ RPi4]

• nginx plugin is for hosting additional webpages on your OMV installation, but you are correct nginx is running on your installation without the plugin.

I wouldn't worry about reducing the log. You can either log access or not. It is better to do so, as it will give you some information for debugging/troubleshooting if there are other issues.

If it is not broken- do not fix it. ;)

• Hello @drinks2go, I do not want to repair it either I just want that the log is somewhat reduced, for example : instead of writing all 30sec unimportant things only write events which are really important. As in the log of first post, I find this totally unnecessary.

[ Motioneye @ RPi4]

• http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_log_module.html

As you can see from the nginx documentation, what you are asking is simply not possible.

This is a completely normal byproduct of the monit program monitoring various services on the computer. It is not ideal to change the rate at which monit checks, nor is it ideal to disable the checking on nginx, as it can lead to situations where you'll need to ssh into your box and restart nginx manually.

As has been said, and without sounding rude, it seems unnecessary that you're concerned with this. Can you explain how come you want to reduce size of the logfile?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!