Is this a bug in monit or OMV?

• I've discovered something which appears to be reproducible across a clean installation... I suspect it's a bug in monit actually, but I'm not entirely sure.

Initially I thought I borked my configuration badly, as monit was unable to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1:443 which causes the daemon to restart nginx constantly, flooding the syslog.

So I did a clean installation, reproduced my configuration by hand and... in fact, I have discovered that creating a 512b length RSA key for your OMV certificate will cause monit to throw this error no matter what, regardless of whether or not there's any actual problems establishing a connection to lo at that port. Creating even a 1024b key ameliorates the problem.

I know I had read that TLS is pretty pointless for LAN-only installations, but I don't really trust any device whether it's from the world wide web or my LAN.

Any thoughts?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!