Problem with creating a Docker image in Bridge mode

• Hi OMV community, having you is what makes OMV great!

But I'm running into a problem with configuring the Docker image to run in Bridge mode. Here, I'm simply trying to run a transmission docker image in bridge mode so it can have a separate IP address on my local network. I left all the fields unaltered, with the IP address field containing 0.0.0.0 and hoping that it will be automatically assigned by the router, but that does not occur, even when I manually enter an IP address like 192.168.1.50 for example. Is there something I need to configure on my Verizon router as well? Am I missing anything?

These are the Docker container details:

But for some reason, the new bridge does not appear on my local network, which is on 192.168.1.x. Nothing appears on my Verizon router device list.

Here is OMV's network configuration:

Thanks in advance!

• Offizieller Beitrag

You have a misunderstanding of the bridge mode. The bridge refers to containers in between them. Accessing the container ports is done via nat ( port fwd). You need to fwd the port in the run container panel, don't fill the IP address field.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!