RaspberryPi 3 - kernel panic, unable to mount root fs on unknown-block (179,2)

• Hello everyone,
    I have been using OMV for a while now, always on a Rpi3, and when I did a fresh install of the latest version 3, I get many problems on the first install, especially "time outs" when I open the web interface.

Then, if I disconnect the raspberry pi from power, and try to power it again, I always get this message:

"Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block (179,2)", and the boot sequence stops at this moment and nothing else happens.
    I have googled this issue, and some possible solutions require to ssh the raspberry as root, but I can't seem to connect to it since it doesn't finish the boot sequence.

Has anyone come across this problem?
    Could it be a problem with my microSD card (it's a kingston 8Gb class 10 microSD)?

Looking forward to hear your thoughts.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Has anyone come across this problem?
    Could it be a problem with my microSD card (it's a kingston 8Gb class 10 microSD)?

It could be the card or your power supply (especially if you have a usb drive plugged in that is powered by the usb port).

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It could be the card or your power supply (especially if you have a usb drive plugged in that is powered by the usb port).

I am using a 0.7A, 5V microusb power supply from an old samsung galaxy S2.
    I will try a fresh install with a better power supply and give feedback.
    I have 4 usb external drives connected but each has its own power supply.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am using a 0.7A, 5V microusb power supply from an old samsung galaxy S2

This is too small. You should use a 2A power supply.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!