UPgrade from 1.19 to 3.x?

• I am using 1.19 for some years now and I am quite happy but the server needs to get replaced. I wonder, does it make sense to try to copy the configuration over (is there even a way?) or should I start from scratch? It's basically a big NFS/SSH storage server with some nginx websites.

Mainly the users should get transferred, this would be the biggest hassle..

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is no backup/restore implementation in Omv unfortunately. It is highly recommend that omv3 gets installed from scratch, an upgrade is viable for experienced users/admins/devs in Debian/Omv that know how to fix apt and db errrors.
    Also I recommend that if you take the clean install or upgrade either way, clear your browser cache before starting to reconfigure elements in the webui.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can keep the passwd/shadow but if I am. Not mistaken there are some users and groups specific to systemd. Also shadow is also valid for Pam login, samba uses own passwd db. Maybe you should keep that also. I don't know if is transferable by the way that file. Usually Omv sets the users os password and samba at the same time.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!