UPS service not running

• Hi guys,

Suddenly my UPS isn't running anymore.
    I've tried different USB port, but no luck.

Cyber Power System CP1350AVRLCD

Here's the log:

Driver config:

Code
    driver = usbhid-ups
    port = auto
    vendorid = 0764
    pollinterval = 60

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• I didn´t see any errors here. upsd and upsmon are reporting "Startup successful". What do you mean exactely?

The messages with the missing *.pid-files, I have it in my logs also. But my UPS is running without problems.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• What happens, if you stop the UPS service (in the plugin), save it, then enable and save it again?

What is the answer of service --status-all |grep nut

It should be like this, if the UPS is connected and powered on:

[ + ] nut-client
    [ + ] nut-server

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von cabrio_leo ()

• It wouldn't let be stop service.

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start collectd 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for collectd.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status collectd.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

This is the error when I click on the UPS service tab:

Here's the result:

Code
    [ + ]  nut-client
     [ + ]  nut-server

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; upsc 'CP1350C' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Error: Connection failure: Connection refused' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175

In my experience it is problematic to start or stop the UPS service in the plugin, when the UPS is not physically connected. According to the error message I would assume that the NAS is connected to the UPS via USB, but the UPS is refusing the connection.

Did you change settings of the UPS? Did you change the communication port from USB to serial connection for example or something like that? You wrote wou have tried several USB ports (on the NAS), so for me the problem is UPS related.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

• The only thing I add to the settings were these:

• vendorid = 0764
    • pollinterval = 60

I've tried apt-get remove and purge the plugins via CLI, but it seem the GUI plugin still there.

And now it seems the service isn't running:

sudo service --status-all |grep nut
    [ - ]nut-client
    [ - ]nut-server

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• vendorid = 0764

I would try to remove this line. According to the NUT documentation it is only necessary if more then one UPS is connected via USB.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

• After several attempts of diagnostics, I couldn't get it to work.
    So I restored back to OMV 3.0.86, and updated to OMV 3.0.88.
    And everything is working fine now.

Thanks for your help.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• I think @tinh_x7 has already solved it by restoring a backup of it´s system configuration.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!