Do I 'need' more RAM than 8GB?

• Hi, I've had my OMV NAS running well for the past few months. I generally run only about 4 Docker containers for Plex, TVheadend, Crashplan and Resilio Sync. Typically the server is only accessed simultaneously by only 2 people at a time for Plex.

At this point in time, I'm not likely to be transitioning to using a Hypervisor like ESXi or Proxmox so I'll be sticking with OMV on baremetal. The main reason for asking is because a friend is offering to sell me a 16GB kit (Crucial ECC 2400MHz UDIMM) for a good price, but I won't bother buying it from him if it's going to be a waste.

I run a ZFS pool with just 2x 4TB drives in a mirror. I also have 6x 4TB drives in a mergerfs+SnapRAID array.

Based on these memory stats, can I just stick with 8GB RAM for the foreseeable future? Having 1.3GB RAM free on average to me indicates that it probably would be fine unless I really wanted to hammer the server with VMs in future.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!