How to use symbolic links between drives?

• Hi

I would like to have one of my filder-shares to be shown in a specefic folder?
    Can I use symbolic links for this, or do I have to mount this?

I have a drive (Archive7), that I want to be shovn in /r5array/backup/archive7

How do I do this the easiest way?

• I get this message, when creating a symbolic link in omv:

Error #0:exception 'OMV\Exception' with message 'Failed to create symbolic link at /srv/dev-disk-by-label-r5storage/foldername/downloads' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/symlinks.inc:90Stack trace:#0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSymlinks->setSymlink(Array, Array)#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('setSymlink', Array, Array)#3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Symlinks', 'setSymlink', Array, Array, 1)#4 {main}

HAve I done something wrong?

If I use "ln -s /media/uuid2/storage2/media/Movies2 Movies2" I can see the folder in my shared folder, but not access it via samba or ftp...?? (Same user and group have access to the shared drives...)

• Offizieller Beitrag

HAve I done something wrong?

In your example using the ln command, you don't use the full path for the target. Are you using the full path in the plugin?

If I use "ln -s /media/uuid2/storage2/media/Movies2 Movies2" I can see the folder in my shared folder, but not access it via samba or ftp...?? (Same user and group have access to the shared drives...)

Wide links are disabled by default. You will have to enable them using extra options. Google can tell you what to put in the box.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!