Hardware change - Is there a guide ?

• Dear all,

i plan to move my OMV Ersamus to move to a better Hardware (from AMD-E350 to XEON :-).
    My configuration ist: system-hdd: ssd, lvm on my data disks.
    due to amd(realtek)/intel network card change, i think its not like - just put the hdds into the new server and it will run without problems.
    so, is there a guide or some hints, what to do, without a new installation (many plugins are running...)

bg, Dannilo

• As I know if you are using the same system-hdd as before, you have almost nothing to do. It is necessary to edit the network configuration. To do this, login to a local console as root and enter omv-firstaid. Within the menu you can adapt your network configuration.
    And maybe you have to make some adjustments if your disks get a different device sequence (/dev/sda, /dev/sdb etc.) because of changed SATA ports.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• It is pretty much plug and play. I did a move vom Intel G4400 to Ryzen and the only thing you must do is reconfigure the Network device. Just connect monitor and keyboard to the machine and login and type omv-firstaid. Select the 1st entry for NIC Settings and go through the setup.

OMV 4 - Ryzen 7 1700 (8 Cores / 16 Threads 65W TDP) - 32 GB DDR4 ECC
    128 GB OS SSD - 256 GB Plex SSD - 32 TB RAIDZ2 (6x8TB HGST NAS)

• Well, after changing the network interface, everything wents fine !!
    and harddisk were added automatically right to lvm, even if they got different sdX. thats really plug and play.
    thanks for your help
    BR, Dannilo

• Glad I found this thread, I’m getting ready to move my OMV to a new/better machine and have been searching for the best way to do this. Can any of you that were successful at this give me some pointers as what steps to take in which order? My current machine is as such, USB thumb drive for boot drive, 2 HDD as data drives, each HDD having one shared folder. Also have Plex Media Server and a few Docker containers running. Any tips/help would be much appreciated. Looking forward to firing up my new build. Thanks.

• Just plugin everything into your new system, boot up. Maybe you need to start omv-firstaid to reconfigure your network settings locally. After you are online again, mount your drives - thats it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!