• Hi!

Its possible make a ntfs filesystem? The OMV WebUI just can do EXT3,4 JFS & XFS. :!:

and trying manually in console:

root@openmediavault:~# mkfs.ntfs /dev/sdc
    -bash: mkfs.ntfs: command not found

thanks!

• If you really want to use ntfs (i see the advantages for exchanging to windows machines) i would recommend usinggparted or simply put it into a windows machine.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Your command is not correct. Why do you want to create a NTFS filesystem on OMV? I would recommend you use ext4. I would only mount NTFS drives if I were transferring data from an NTFS drive.

• The advantages are that it should be faster (except that ntfs-3g isn't slow anymore) and its a native linux filesystem. I would also throw XFS into the discussion, but meanings differ very hard.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• NTFS is a filesystem for Windows operating systems. EXT4 or XFS are native to linux and will work better in many aspects such file and folder permissions, ownership, etc.... The ability to mount a NTFS, or format, is done for cross platform compatibility but not the best filesystem for a linux distribution, or omv.

• I used a truecrypt encrypted ntfs volume (as a linux share) some time ago, and i can tell that I had no speed issues.

Greetings
    David

• When, then go for ext4.

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!