How to let AutoShutdown plugin wait for smart activities to finish?

• Hi all,
    my problem started with nearly daily smartd alert mails like this:

At first, when I looked after in smart extended information, I found latest error log entries to be empty. Until I invoked daily short-selftests - and waited some one week. Which changed extended information to this (different drive):

From former empty error log entries there is just the "Warning: ATA error count 10 inconsistent with error log pointer 4" remaining. Ok, but what could be the reason for alerts still coming in? Guess it is the "Error: ABRT", which seems to be the drive's reaction on smartd's (whatever) last action when it gets terminated by autoshutdown

To confirm that context, I disabled autoshutdown and voila - there are no smartd alerts no more for couple of days now. Only letting run the omv machine all the time is not really, what I want to do.

So my question: How can I make sure, that autoshutdown waits for any smartd activity to be finished? Is it possible by just tuning the basic parameters (HDDIO?) or must I add a dedicated lock/unlock mechanism like here?

Btw another question: Is a shutdown by hand, i.e. by Web-GUI or by pushing the on/off button, known safe, not to disturb drive's smart the same way, too? I just didn't watch for this yet.

Best regards

Private NAS: Asus P9D-I + Xeon E3-1220L CPU + 8GB ECC RAM + LSI SAS2108 HBA + 4x8TB BTRFS RAID 10 + OMV 4 booting from single SLC SSD
    Private experimental NAS: Asus P9D-I + i3-4130T CPU + 8GB ECC RAM + 3x10 BTRFS RAID5 + OMV 5 beta booting from single SLC SSD

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!