iSCSI Plugin

• Hi there...
    are there any news about the known issue in the kernel 4.9? I read that in OMV 3 no changes won't be done, so then... what is the timeline for the OMV 4, where this topic is solved, i guess?

I really won't to downgrade to 3.16...by the way, the question of how to..?
    In the previous version there was a button inside the kernel section....or is the proxmox kernel what i have to choose?

• Offizieller Beitrag

are there any news about the known issue in the kernel 4.9?

The iscsitarget package isn't being maintained and isn't in the stretch (omv 4.x) repo. The plugin needs to be ported/rewritten for something like targetcli-fb or something else.

what is the timeline for the OMV 4, where this topic is solved, i guess?

omv 4.x is available now but see above answer.

I really won't to downgrade to 3.16...by the way, the question of how to..?
    In the previous version there was a button inside the kernel section....or is the proxmox kernel what i have to choose?

The proxmox kernel is about your only option if you don't want to use the 3.16 kernel. There never was a kernel downgrade button in omv-extras. I haven't tested the proxmox kernel in omv 4.x but it is still there for now.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• omv vs 4 is running but you have to run the upgrade manually via shell or the booted interface, just login as root and the pw you setup when you installed omv originally then type: omv-release-upgrade an click yes to any promps the upgrade shouldn't alter any settings est you already have. once finished login to the webui and check for updates, then reboot the system

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv vs 4 is running but you have to run the upgrade manually via shell or the booted interface, just login as root and the pw you setup when you installed omv originally then type: omv-release-upgrade an click yes to any promps the upgrade shouldn't alter any settings est you already have. once finished login to the webui and check for updates, then reboot the system

While this is true, this will not fix the iscsi plugin.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• ryecoaaron thanks for the reply i later found out that the iscsi plugin didnt work on omv v4, where as at the time of writing my reply is did, however after my usual weekly reboot it nolonger functioned correctly, i shall look into the issue and should i find a solution will inform yourself. thanks again

• Offizieller Beitrag

do you have more information about it?

What more do you need than I already posted above?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!