New User - Fresh install - Some beginner questions

• Hey there,

Hardware:

HP Microserver N40L
    16 GB RAM
    2 x 3 TB Western Digital Red drives

Latest OMV installed onto USB.I'm considering switch

Questions:

• I want to mirror the disks so that if one disk dies I don't lose anything. What's the best way to achieve this?
    • Is it easy enough to copy a USB install to an SSD in future?
    • Once the disks are mirrored is there a guide for setting up shares? I've had a look and nothing jumped out at me.
    • Is there some way to backup configuration so that if the system disk fails I'll be able to (reasonably) quickly get up and running by reinstalling and re-applying the config?

Thanks in avance

• Offizieller Beitrag
    • I want to mirror the disks so that if one disk dies I don't lose anything. What's the best way to achieve this?
      Don't use RAID1, but use rsync (e.g. with rsnapshot plugin) to copy data to the second disk on a regular basis. Search the forum for "raid is not backup".
    • Is it easy enough to copy a USB install to an SSD in future?
    • Once the disks are mirrored is there a guide for setting up shares? I've had a look and nothing jumped out at me.
      https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/videos

• Is there some way to backup configuration so that if the system disk fails I'll be able to (reasonably) quickly get up and running by reinstalling and re-applying the config?
      Clonezilla: have a look at the OMV-extras/Kernel menue

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!