Vmware install

• is it possible to install vmware on omv v3.0.88? If yes, how ? thank you in advance

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Intel Core I7 7700k @ 4.2Ghz

Strix Z270G Gaming

Release: 3.0.92
    Codename: Erasmus

Linux 4.9.0-0.bpo.3-amd64

• yes I know, I use it in its latest version but I have impatibility with a virtual machine that can only run with vmware or hyper-v as well as virtualbox is less efficient than vmware ...

Strix Z270G Gaming

• if not, what software do you use to display the vm? I use Team Viewer and the display is not optimal .. I have installed the virtualbox pack extension

Strix Z270G Gaming

• Offizieller Beitrag

VMware is its own OS. So, no you can't run VMware on OMV. You can run OMV in a VMware virtual machine (and I do).

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• yes that was exactly my initial question .. install vmware as on windows or as virtualbox (with bugs) on omv

Strix Z270G Gaming

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV is just Debian. Can you install VMware Workstation on Debian? Yes. But, would I install it on OMV? Nope. You need a desktop environment and that causes problems with OMV.

virtualbox (with bugs) on omv

What bugs? phpvirtualbox may have issues but virtualbox doesn't. Not much I can do help with phpvirtualbox since it isn't actively maintained.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• yes i have problem with sreen resolution virtualbox and phpvirtualbox (
    Erreur #0:
    exception 'Exception' with message 'Error logging in to vboxwebsrv.' in /usr/share/phpvirtualbox/endpoints/lib/vboxconnector.php:220
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/virtualbox.inc(136): vboxconnector->connect()
    #1 [internal function]: OMV\Engined\Rpc\VirtualBox->getMachines(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getMachines', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('VirtualBox', 'getMachines', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main})

do you have solutions ?is which tool do you use virtual machines with? Team viewer, Vnc?

Strix Z270G Gaming

• Offizieller Beitrag

do you have solutions ?is which tool do you use virtual machines with? Team viewer, Vnc?

I haven't used virtualbox in years. On my VMware install, I use the VM's remote desktop to login into the VM. If I need to see the console, I use the VMware console.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!