Seeking advice for upgrading fully encrypted 1.x OMV to 2.x / 3.x

• I'd love to upgrade my old and dusted OMV server, but I'd like to ask for some advice first, because there's a huge issue that holds me back from tackling this:

When I initially set up the server, I felt like a hero who knows everything - so I googled for a written guide that told me how to setup a full system encryption step by step. Yup.
    Needless to say, that I'm not the hero I thought I was and I can't even remember which guide I followed back then. Now I'm stuck with a fully encrypted and hopelessly outdated OMV server, that I'm afraid to touch, because I fear to lose access to my encrypted data.

This is my setup:

OMV on a small SSD (sda) and two HDDs for storage (sdb/sdc). No raid.
    If I remember correctly, I set it up with LUKS/LVM so that I have to unlock the system when it boots up, which then automatically decrypts both HDDs via key files stored somewhere on the encrypted partition on /sda and mounts them.

I assume that the easiest and safest way to upgrade would be to backup all my data on external drives and simply start from scratch - this time without all these heroical mistakes. But that would mean I have to invest 200-300 bucks into new drives first, which I would really like to avoid, if possible.

Now I'm sitting here - with feelings of shame - asking for your advice on how to tackle this.

Should I - or is it even possible - to remove the encryption?
    Can I backup / clone my SSD (remotely via SSH?), try upgrading and revert back if it fails?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!