Missing Raid 6 Arrays

• Hello all, my machine stopped working and had to be hard reset and resulted in missing arrays after reboot, I tried to follow a few articles I found online to recover the arrays but all were unsuccessful.
    Here are some specifications of my hardware

6 x 3TB drives in a raid 6 array
    6 x 2TB drives in a second raid 6 array

Openmediavault is installed on a small 2.5" harddrive I took from an old laptop

Here's the output for:

cat /proc/mdstat

Code
    Personalities : [raid6] [raid5] [raid4]
    md127 : active raid6 sdb[0] sdg[5] sdf[4] sde[3] sda[6] sdc[1]
    7813531648 blocks super 1.2 level 6, 512k chunk, algorithm 2 [6/6] [UUUUUU]

unused devices: <none>

blkid

fdisk -l | grep "Disk "

cat /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf

mdadm --detail --scan --verbose

Code
    ARRAY /dev/md/VaultDiskRaid2 level=raid6 num-devices=6 metadata=1.2 name=HomeMediaVault:VaultDiskRaid2 UUID=108cdb04:4b230eca:c6edaba6:fd1b91b4
    devices=/dev/sdb,/dev/sdc,/dev/sda,/dev/sde,/dev/sdf,/dev/sdg

From what I can understand, the array with 6 x 2tb drives is up but its identifier? used to be md126 instead of 127 which if I remember correctly belonged to the other array made up of 3tb drives

when I try the command mdadm --stop /dev/md127, I get

Code
    mdadm: Cannot get exclusive access to /dev/md127:Perhaps a running process, mounted filesystem or active volume group?

Would appreciate any help I can get to recover the array thank you.

• Offizieller Beitrag

raid numbers can change. md127 is definitely your 6x2 array and you don't want to stop that. The message is because it is working and mounted.

try: mdadm --assemble --force --verbose /dev/md126 /dev/sd[dijklm]

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• raid numbers can change. md127 is definitely your 6x2 array and you don't want to stop that. The message is because it is working and mounted.

try: mdadm --assemble --force --verbose /dev/md126 /dev/sd[dijklm]

Thank you this worked, however when I reboot it would disappear again. I went to edit mdadm.conf and changed

Code
    ARRAY /dev/md/VaultDiskRaid2 metadata=1.2 name=HomeMediaVault:VaultDiskRaid2 UUID=108cdb04:4b230eca:c6edaba6:fd1b91b4
    ARRAY /dev/md127 metadata=1.2 spares=1 name=HomeMediaVault:VaultDiskRaid1 UUID=65a0b0ed:2eb84a7e:21a15ddd:90c2ae62

to

Code
    ARRAY /dev/md/VaultDiskRaid2 metadata=1.2 name=HomeMediaVault:VaultDiskRaid2 UUID=108cdb04:4b230eca:c6edaba6:fd1b91b4
    ARRAY /dev/md/VaultDiskRaid1 metadata=1.2 name=HomeMediaVault:VaultDiskRaid1 UUID=65a0b0ed:2eb84a7e:21a15ddd:90c2ae62

and my arrays are running again. I wonder if this was safe to do though.

• Offizieller Beitrag

however when I reboot it would disappear again

I wasn't done giving commands. I just needed to know if that worked first. I would said to do the following next:

omv-mkconf mdadm
    update-initramfs -u

Your change won't stay if you make any other raid changes in the web interface.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!