How long is a user banned for multiple posting?

• Offizieller Beitrag

They aren't banned. Their posts just go through a spam filter and might be placed in a moderation queue. Why do you ask?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Another user was banned while posting with Tapatalk (Tapatalk said submit was not successful, thus resulted multiple submissions).
    Result:
    "Your user account has been banned: There were too many spam messages."

• Offizieller Beitrag

Another user was banned while posting with Tapatalk (Tapatalk said submit was not successful, thus resulted multiple submissions).
    Result:
    "Your user account has been banned: There were too many spam messages."

A post going to moderation looks like an error but it really isn't. Posting with tapatalk doesn't affect anything.

The spam filter doesn't ban. If you were banned, your posts must not have been acceptable and/or made you look like a bot or spammer.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

I see the post. What am I supposed to seeing?

• Offizieller Beitrag

User is banned.
    The post was not offensive.

User is not banned and they have 15 posts. I'm really not what you are trying to accomplish? I don't even remember the last time I banned a user and the spam filter does not auto-ban.

• Hello,

Interesting topic. I was in that situation sometimes in the past.

I saw the message „Your user account has been banned: There were too many spam messages.“ when I wrote a post with tapatalk and edited it shortly after publishing.

For the first time I registered another user account to request a „reset“ for my banned user account.

Since some months this „reset“ happens on its own at the same day (I think). So you don’t need to request for that „reset“ anymore.

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Offizieller Beitrag

Your user account has been banned: There were too many spam messages

I think this is a false message from tapatalk. I don't think the user is actually banned. I haven't unbanned a user in a very long time.

• Hello @ryecoaaron

thanks for this information. But it happens from time to time. At this banned status it’s not possible to post something or to edit an existing post.

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Offizieller Beitrag

But it happens from time to time. At this banned status it’s not possible to post something or to edit an existing post.

All I can think is once you have a post go to moderation, you aren't allowed to do anything else until that post is moderated. This isn't a ban but prevents spammers from posting a million times. Yes, if you post fast enough, someone can still post 3 or 4 times before the moderation part kicks in. Unfortunately, I don't know how to make this better and even if I did, I'm not the one who can make changes.

• In which case a post goes to moderation? Is this an automated process? Are there any keywords or how does it work?

Thanks for your explanation!

• Offizieller Beitrag

In which case a post goes to moderation? Is this an automated process? Are there any keywords or how does it work?

It is completely automated. Every post (and edit?) go to the spam filter. If it doesn't like something about the post (no idea how that works), it will mark it. It is more complicated than just looking for keywords. Long posts and external URLs seem to trigger it. The number of posts the user has seems to have an effect on the filter as well. That is about all I know.

• Ok, very interesting. Thanks for the explanation. Have a nice day!

• I think this is a false message from tapatalk. I don't think the user is actually banned. I haven't unbanned a user in a very long time.

The problem is, that I see that banned message right in the mobile Chrome browser. Not in Tapatalk...

Could you do something to unban?

• Try to delete your browser cache.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Could you do something to unban?

This is my last post on this subject since I have answered everything I can in previous posts. You aren't banned. I don't know why it says that. If you have a post in the moderation queue, it won't let you post again. Until a moderator moderates that post, there is nothing I can do.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!