Ups Eaton 5E650I and nut plugin doesn't power on omv3 again after ac is back

• Almost sure is a stupid question and I'm overlooking something here, but I'm playing around with my omv3 and ups with nut plugin and I'm encountering an issue without find a solution.

• I set up my omv3 mobo to wake up after power loss\back on (it works if I plug off the cord and back on it starts up as it should so is not the mobo)
    • Then I installed nut-plugin and set the driver correctly for the Ups Eaton 5E650va and connected through usb to the server (lsusb recognize the ups connected correctly through usb)
    • Configured the plugin per nut documentation with the driver configuration suggestion with: [eaton 5e] driver = usbhid-ups port = auto and have it to turn off the server after 30 sec
    • Tested it plugging off the current from the ups, the ups battery kick in wait for 30 sec and then correctly shutdown the server (I can see it through the server cmdline aswell)
    • Here come the problem when I put the cable back on the ups everything went back to normal with the ac, but the server remain powered off...it should turn on at least that's what I'm trying to achive.

Has anybody encounter the same problem with or without the same ups and found a way to fix it? Am I missing something here?

Some more useful information:

• psu atx be quit! system power 7 300 watt
    • ups eaton5e 650i va

• motherboard asrock itx with function power on on ac back turned on (tested out with pluggin off on the cord it works)

lsusb:

Code
    root@omv:~# lsusb
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 008 Device 002: ID 0463:ffff MGE UPS Systems UPS
    Bus 008 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
    Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 007 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
    Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

upsc command:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Wek () aus folgendem Grund: addedd lsub and upsc info

• Little Edit:

I found out that this happen because of power race, the ups didn't finish his battery before the ac get back in, so the server will retain his previous state that is shutdown because of the clean shutdown issued by the ups through usb.

So I found out through nut documentation that is suggested a shutdown script as a workaround:

So I went ahead and copy\pasted the script from line 7. on, onto a script created into /usr/local/bin/powerace and gave the file +x flag to execute it

then I created this service for systemd to recall the shutdown script:

Installed the service through systemctl command and rebooted, then I tested the script out unplugging the power to the ups and put back in after the server shutdown and before the ups loses the whole battery....

UNFORTUNATELY didn't happen anything the script doesn't seem to work either, so I'm out of ideas.

Does anyone had same issue and resolved it?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!