Receive a Mail when automatic update/upgrade with log inside

• Hey!

My goal is to receive a mail when OMV is updating automatically the system.
    I saw :
    System > Notifications > mail service is set up, and mails are ok (test mail received + when admin is logged in)
    On the other tab, I've checked "Software updates" : never received a mail about this ;(

I think automatic updates are running behind on OMV ?
    Because I saw unattended-upgrades in the system... If I'm not wrong, it's possible to use this to send a mail to an address when updating.
    It can be useful if OMV can have this option available from the webinterface ;)
    Receiving a mail with logs can be really useful to follow "the life" of the box, and being able to quickly debug after an update :)

Or may be I have missed this option somewhere ?
    (I'm feared to tune unattended-upgrades config file by hand, I don't want to mess the stable system)

Thx!

• I've been on OMV 2.x for quite some time and then later upgraded to OMV 3.x.

I have notifications configured to send email when software updates are available (among others) and sending a test message works.

However, I have never, ever received a notification from OMV that software updates are available and they are seen on the Update Management page.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

First of all need to check the syslog for the prefix cron-apt, if the entry is there check notifications are actually working. Usually there is two cron entries one at fixed time, the other one is by Omv in anacron daily.
    Make sure the openmediavault one is there, the fixed time will not send any if server is down at the time (this is for the power concerned users).

Finally check /etc/cron-apt/actions.d/ folder

You should have actions zero and three

• These two entries appear in syslog everyday:

Oct 9 04:08:49 omv cron-apt: CRON-APT RUN [/etc/cron-apt/config]: Mon Oct 9 04:00:01 EDT 2017
    Oct 9 08:24:16 omv cron-apt: CRON-APT RUN [/etc/cron-apt/config]: Mon Oct 9 07:35:32 EDT 2017

I do not have a /etc/cron-apt/actions.d/ folder.

I do have a /etc/cron-apt/action.d/ folder and it contains one file named 0-update. That file contains the below:

update -o quiet=2

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!