Can't reach WebGUI after update 3.x. SSH is working

• Hello Everyone,

First of all, a big appreciation and thanks to those who spend their free time to create and develop OMV!! :):)

After the last update, I'm not able to reach the WebGUI and Nextcloud. But SSH is working. Therefore I checked the forum for similar problems and solutions, but I wasn't successful. I tried a few things.

apt-get clean

apt-get update

apt-get upgarde

service nginx status

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# service nginx status
    ● nginx.service - LSB: starts the nginx web server
       Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/nginx)
       Active: active (exited) since Mo 2017-10-16 11:00:43 CEST; 3min 55s ago
      Process: 599 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/nginx start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

And service openmediavault-engined status...which had a warning

Did I destroy somehow the openmediavault-engine?

Maybe this is also of help
    dpkg -l | grep openmediavault

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# dpkg -l | grep openmediavault
    rc  openmediavault                  3.0.88                           all                             Open network attached storage solution
    rc  openmediavault-autoshutdown     3.1.4                            all                             OpenMediaVault AutoShutdown Plugin
    rc  openmediavault-backup           3.6                              all                             backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  openmediavault-keyring          1.0                              all                             GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    rc  openmediavault-letsencrypt      3.2                              all                             Generate free and valid SSL certificates for OMV
    rc  openmediavault-mysql            3.0.4                            all                             MySQL plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    rc  openmediavault-nginx            3.0.11                           all                             Nginx plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    rc  openmediavault-omvextrasorg     3.4.26                           all                             OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    rc  openmediavault-wakealarm        3.2                              all                             wakealarm plugin for OpenMediaVault.

I use OMV mainly as a Nextcloud platform and I would be grateful for some help.

ToKind

• Offizieller Beitrag

From the last command a status of " rc " means that the package has been removed, but that the configuration files remain. Seems you tried to uninstall OMV. All packages should have the status " ii "

No idea how to fix it, though.

• Thank you for your answer. I ran several updates through the WebGUI, didn't choose all of them. One produced an error and I rebooted the machine. Afterward I got stuck with the problem. It is strange that the packages have been removed. Was not my intention at all!

Has someone else an idea how I could fix it?

I noticed to late, that I posted somehow in the wrong section. Sorry for that. Maybe a moderator could move it to general.

• Hello Wolf2000. Thank you for your reply. I haven't tried apt-get purge. But the output of apt-get install reinstall openmediavault wasn't that successful I guess. Since I chose German as system language, line 2 to 5 are:

• 2.Reading package lists... Done
    • 3.Building dependency tree
    • 4.Reading state information... Done
    • 5. E: Package reinstall couldn't be found.

I am still confused why all packages have been removed. Are they removed every time an update is performed?

• Offizieller Beitrag

It should be apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thank you ryecoaaron. I ran the command and 152 packages were installed. In between an interface came up, where I had ti choose between two different FTP setups. I picked the upper one for rare FTP usage. Afterwards the following message was in between the installation:

Code
    update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-4.9.0-0.bpo.3-amd64
    W: mdadm: /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf defines no arrays.
    W: mdadm: no arrays defined in configuration file.
    update-rc.d: warning: start and stop actions are no longer supported; falling back to defaults
    insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (empty) of script `smartmontools' overrides LSB defaults (2 3 4 5).
    insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (1 2 3 4 5) of script `smartmontools' overrides LSB defaults (1).

If you would like to see the full output, pls let me know.
    According to the last interface the installation should be finished with omv-initsystem

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# omv-initsystem
    W: mdadm: /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf defines no arrays.
    W: mdadm: no arrays defined in configuration file.

X/

• After a restart I was able to reach the WebGUI with my password!! 8o But all my services/plugins are gone. All of them have the "rc" status. Autoshutdown, MySQL, etc. Is there a way to restore MySQL plugin? Should I reinstall the plugins as I did with OMV, with the hope, that all old configuration files will be available?

• After fixing an DNS problem, I continued with the re-installation. Due to the help I was able to reinstall all plugins, which still had all my settings. There was no difference in SSH installation via apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault-XXXX (XXX - plugin name) or over WebGUI->Plugins. The MySQL plugin had to be disabled and enabled, before nextcloud was reachable.

A big THANK YOU to macom, Wolf2000 and ryecoaaron. :)

• I had a similar problem moving from 2.x to 4.x on logon.
    I executed the commands
    systemctl unmask openmediavault-engined
    systemctl enable openmediavault-engined
    systemctl restart openmediavault-engined

and all was OK

• I had a similar problem moving from 2.x to 4.x on logon.
    I executed the commands
    systemctl unmask openmediavault-engined
    systemctl enable openmediavault-engined
    systemctl restart openmediavault-engined

I tried to install ntp and managed to remove chrony and OMV, after adding packages back I figured out this same solution.

freaked out for a few minutes :)

Does anyone know how to end the log messages like:
    php: Unknown or deprecated time zone [tz=]. Please reconfigure your time zone settings.

or

omv-engined[7781]: Unknown or deprecated time zone [tz=]. Please reconfigure your time zone settings.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!