Raspberry Pi booting faster than the router(s)

• I'm surprised I haven't seen more articles about this issue and was wondering what possibilities are possible and how to do them. So we get brownouts, they happen.. nothing I can do to stop them. When we get those brownouts the power is out for 1 - 2 seconds or so which is just enough time to reset every clock in the house. XD But thus brings a problem for my Raspberry Pi NAS. When the power returns it boots right up and then goes into a sort of "offline mode" where it doesn't try to reconnect to the router (even though it's hardwired through Ethernet too it) after the initial boot. A few seconds later all 3 of my routers are booted (yes 3 don't get me started on that not my choice) and the raspberry pi still has no Ethernet connection. I have 3 inital ideas for solutions, but no clue how to pursue them.
    1. Start a service in the background that checks say every 30 minutes for an internet connection if no internet ether reboot raspberrypi or run some sort of command to connect it.
    2.Go into the boot files and add a reboot if the internet isn't connected (which might get stuck in a boot loop if no internet is purposeful :/ but would be great bc my RAID falls apart every time my pi reboots)

If you have any better ideas on how to do this, or know the solution to my ideas :) please let me know.
    Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are you using a static IP address for the RPi? Is the RPi plugged directly into the router?

would be great bc my RAID falls apart every time my pi reboots)

I highly recommend against using raid on usb and expecially an RPi for just this reason.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• No I'm not using a static IP address I'll look into that, but yes the RPi is plugged via Ethernet directly into the router, and powered through a wall outlet.

Yea I'm able to easily rebuild it, and soon I'll be able to upgrade it to a new machine (an old laptop with no screen). The USB connection is just what I had available at the time.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!