OMV 3.0 - no SMB, plugin update not working, can not instal OMVEXTRAS

• Hi

My main files disk died last week on the OMV 2.0version
    I bought a new one and wanted to upgrade to 3.0.

The update procedure failed. The server didn`t stant up after instaling.
    Then I reinstalled the system from scratch and I got the server up and running. Added the new files drive and I wanted to share partitions. But I managed to enable only NFS.
    1. SMB dosn`t work. I created users, added shares. Slected privileges but on the local networks I see OMV but can not access.
    2. After login throught Chrome I can refresh the plugin list but when I want to install any plugin then is shows errors.
    3. The most important are the OMVEXTRAS. I download the files from the page. Select this file throught the webbrowser and then hit upload. A processing window appears, go to 100%, then it disappears, but I can not see the plugin on the list to be able to
    "install it.

I dont understant why I get so much problem with this release ?
    Dose anybody know what happen with my OMV ? How to solve it?

My motherboard is Asrock QC5000M.

• Offizieller Beitrag

1 - Works for me. Try watching the videos I made - OMV Setup Videos Not being able to access is a permissions issue. Maybe your files still have the old user id from your previous install. The resetperms plugin might help.

2 - "shows errors" is not very helpful.

3 - Sounds like your apt repo needs to be fix. apt-get -f install usually fixes things. Try installing omv-extras from the command line like the instructions suggest.

I dont understant why I get so much problem with this release ?

As someone who helps a bit in this forum, I would say the problems (excluding upgrades from 2.x to 3.x which is a huge Debian update as well) are fewer than 2.x. OMV 3.x uses Debian Jessie which moved to samba 4.x which is part of the issue for some people.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks for your attention.

1 - Works for me. Try watching the videos I made - OMV Setup Videos Not being able to access is a permissions issue. Maybe your files still have the old user id from your previous install. The resetperms plugin might help.

2 - "shows errors" is not very helpful.

3 - Sounds like your apt repo needs to be fix. apt-get -f install usually fixes things. Try installing omv-extras from the command line like the instructions suggest.

After the upgrade failed I made a fresh instal but not on OMV 2.x but OMV 3.x.
    The only thing that changed was the hard drive. Before that everything was running smooth. So the configuration looks to be ok at least for OMV 2.x

Add 1. Now SMB sharing works .. dont ask me how but it works.
    Ad2. for example I try to upgrade plugin samba-libs i get following error masage (see attachemnt)
    Ad3. I run the command I i get the massage

root@OMV:~# apt-get -f install
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 89 not upgraded.

when trying the the run the command upgrade throught putty I get the massage like:

root@OMV:~# wget http://omv-extras.org/openmedi…extrasorg_latest_all3.deb
    --2017-10-24 23:08:05-- http://omv-extras.org/openmedi…extrasorg_latest_all3.deb
    Resolving omv-extras.org (omv-extras.org)... failed: Name or service not known.
    wget: unable to resolve host address âomv-extras.orgâ
    root@OMV:~#

Any ideas how to solve it?

• root@OMV:~# wget http://omv-extras.org/openmedi…extrasorg_latest_all3.deb
    --2017-10-24 23:32:57-- http://omv-extras.org/openmedi…extrasorg_latest_all3.deb
    Resolving omv-extras.org (omv-extras.org)... failed: Name or service not known.
    wget: unable to resolve host address âomv-extras.orgâ

root@OMV:~# dpkg -i openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all3.debapt-get update
    dpkg: error processing archive openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all3.debapt-get (--install):
    cannot access archive: No such file or directory
    dpkg: error processing archive update (--install):
    cannot access archive: No such file or directory
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all3.debapt-get
    update
    root@OMV:~#

No change on upgrading plugins or installing the repo :(

• Offizieller Beitrag

You need to set your dns server setting in the network tab.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!