No ethernet

• My OMV v.3 has suddenly lost Internet access. I've connected a monitor and keyboard to troubleshoot. As I can't copy and paste terminal output I'll rewrite here what I belive is essential info and output and would greatly appreciate some help solving this.

root@omv: ifconfig
    Eth0 Link encap: Ethernet HWaddr: "mac-address"
    lo Link encap: Local Loopback
    inet addr: 127.0.0.1 Mask: 255.0.0.0

root@omv: ifup eth0
    Listing on LPF/eth0/"mac-address"
    DHCPDISCOVER on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 4
    (repeated six times for same port but with different intervals)
    No DHCPOFFERS received.
    No working leases in persistent database - sleeping.
    ifquery: recursion detected for interface eth0 in post-up phase
    run-parts: /etc/network/if-up.d/openmediavault-issue exited with return code 1
    Failed to bring up eth0

Some further trouble shooting. When running omv-firstaid and selecting configure network interface I get the output

Code
    ERROR: [Errno 2] No such file or directory.

All other units on the network works as usual hence the router does not appear to be at fault. What do I do?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von oipenguin () aus folgendem Grund: Added trouble shooting

• Have you tried running omv-firstaid and configure the network?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Yeah,

The first time i tried omv-firstaid I received (this might have been in recovery mode):
    ERROR: [Errno 2] No such file or directory.

The second time I received:
    Error: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin: ... export LANG=C monit monitor collectd 2>&1' with exit cod '1': Cannot create socket to [localhost]:2812 -- Cannot assign requested address

• Two side notes.

During boot I receive an error saying
    [FAILED] Failed to start Enable File System Quatos

However, from what I gather by reading the forum this is unrelated to my network issues.

I've got a realtek rtl8111/8168/8411 pci express ethernet card. There have been issues with this card on Linux, however since I've got a system which have worked for a long time I belive it is unlikely that this is the source of my problem. Or is it likely that an upgrade of OMV have caused problems? (I've not done an upgrade during the last few weeks, though.)

• lspci shows among other things

00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel ..
    00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel ..
    00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel ..
    02:00.0 Ethernet Controller: Realtek Semiconductor ...
    03:00.0 PCI Bridge: ASMedia ...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is it running from a usb or flash card?

Try dpkg -V it should look something like this.

If there are a lot more it might be a corrupted drive.

• It turned out to be a disconnected network cable somewhere in between the router and the server. I've successfully connected to the network now, however I've now got an issue where the system appears to be stuck during boot at:
    Started Update UTMP about System Boot/Shutdown
    I don't know if my attempt at trouble shooting has caused the problem.

I managed to boot into recovery mode. The server was assigned the appropriate IP, I could ping external sites, but I could not access the OMV web interface. In normal mode, however, it appears to be stuck at Started Update UTMP about System Boot/Shutdown. I've not found any threads which has helped med solve this problem...

• Zitat von tkaiser

Similar error message and same card: Suddenly OMV 3 needs 5 mins to boot

Yeah, that might exactly my problem.

While I've been posting the system has eventually booted and I can finally access the web interface. Thread solve, I suppose, although to summarize for future readers. Double and triple check you network cables. That was the only real problem in this thread. Thanks for all help :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!