OMV System Disk Full

• Hi all,

(First sorry for my Englisch ;) )

Im use 2. OMV NAS self build and the first makes problem with the System Disk!

The System Disk is a` 32GB mSATA SSD and the System is copy with DD if= of= from a 15GB usb stick.
    Now after several days running not login via web or Terminal always the same not enough space, disk full ....

i`m showing with Ubuntu and well the disk is full 13GB, free 1GB i`m used gparted to change the disk space to the
    max (29GB) and 1,5GB swap.

my question why fill OMV the system disk??

i`m using OMV 0.4.30, SMB/CIFS, SSH, Plex Nine and a 19,10 TiB raid5 with xfs

THX

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would also check this post and the next post.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• :o :shock: 8-) That sounds like a nice NAS Build...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Thanks for all response.
    @takkbebe

Zitat von "tekkbebe"

Search around the disk and see what is taking up all the space. We mostly see this with bad Rsync jobs. Have you been running any Rsync jobs?

i`m have never Rsync`s running!

ryecoaaron

Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

I would also check this post and the next post.

Yes i`m think the Plex metadata use several space on the disk okay put it is not really the only one problem
    then after reboot is over 1GB space free! now 14GB.

only one thing have i`m forgot after expand the disk have changed the uuid from swap its now fixit.

Code
    swapon -a
    swapon: cannot find the device for UUID=c9bcf0fc-0b58-4a26-a9ec-bacd406d4013

After fix:
    swapon -s
    Filename           Type	        Size          Used	  Priority
    /dev/sdg5          partition      1568760       0        -1

i`m have deletet the extended swap partition to expand the system partition and then recreated.

however my two system have the same used disk space on the system disk 13GB!? and used the same three services SMB/CIFS SSH and Plex

and both system never use the swap.

up to now is the used disk space okay i`m must wait several day`s to see the result.

Thanks for your help

• Swap will only be used if you ran out of ram.

You can look up the 10 biggest files/directorys on your system via

Code
    du -a / | sort -n -r | head -n 10

And Hell you are running nice systems there...

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Yes i test it but my problem is the raid is mounted.

Code
    umount /dev/md0
    umount: /media/367694fe-446e-4759-9938-70388975963f: device is busy.
            (In some cases useful info about processes that use
             the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(1))

any idea??

• Are you logged in as root?

Greetings
    David

• try this to exclude these dirs:

Code
    du --exclude="/proc/*" --exclude="/media/*" -a / | sort -n -r | head -n 10

Should result something like:

Code
    896616  /
    478376  /usr
    271628  /var
    222876  /usr/share
    148724  /var/cache
    141616  /var/cache/apt
    122212  /usr/lib
    113024  /var/cache/apt/archives
    109548  /lib
    98084   /usr/bin

Hope it helps :)

• thanks you knumsi

well Plex is it!

okay Plex used complete 10GB ??? include metadata off 6GB ??? it`s KB correctly?? that is very much but i think okay.

Thanks for all your help`s and Greetings
    mc-iceman

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yep, that is KB. Plex seems to store way too much metadata and is causing problems with drive space for a lot of people. Guess I will start recommending a 40 GB+ drive if you are going to use plex :)

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• My Plex takes up 795MB, not so big at all. (No Movies, TV Series only)

Greetings
    David

• i see! the metadata on the system disk is so stupid way ever give Plex never oder options in the settings. :(

i think i`m Delete all metadata and show what`s change! it is my first Plex system but not all in the Plex is okay.

Greetings
    mc-iceman

• I tested it and iam not very amused how it works....

Greetings
    David

• Well move the metadata is the best way but (/etc/default/plexmediaserver) is the wrong way! only what you must understand is the folder plexmediaserver in /etc/default is a user directory from user Plex!! Now only what you must do is move the user directory to an other device!! it is simple and the only right way.

Move user and directory:

i`m found the solution on the plexapp Forum http://forums.plexapp.com/inde…tadata+%2Bdir#entry381294

after all that my disk space is normally!!

Zitat von "davidh2k"

I tested it and iam not very amused how it works....

Greetings
    David

Well Plex is a Beta and yes Plex is not in all perfect. I'm use Plex for streaming Movies, TV Shows and Animes via iPad to Apple TV besides use I'm the Plex over Web and its work perfect.

I am thank you all for your large assistance.
    Greetings
    mc-iceman

• ???
    /etc/default/plexmediaserver is not a directory. It is a file used to setup some configuration options when plexmediaserver starts. In the default line you see for the Library path you see {home}. The path is just using the whatever is set as the home directory of the plex user. You do not have to use the home directory. You can simply put whatever path you want and just make sure it is chowned correctly. But if you want to have a config line like the original you could change the home directory of the plex user, but not necessary.

PS- They use both methods on the plex website so it not wrong to forgo using the home method.

• Zitat von "mc-iceman"

Well Plex is a Beta and yes Plex is not in all perfect. I'm use Plex for streaming Movies, TV Shows and Animes via iPad to Apple TV besides use I'm the Plex over Web and its work perfect.

I am thank you all for your large assistance.
    Greetings
    mc-iceman

What i really meant that i was unable to scratch my TV Series because i don't have the dumb naming scenario for TV Series that Plex expects.

Greetings
    David

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

???
    /etc/default/plexmediaserver is not a directory. It is a file used to setup some configuration options when plexmediaserver starts. In the default line you see for the Library path you see {home}. The path is just using the whatever is set as the home directory of the plex user. You do not have to use the home directory. You can simply put whatever path you want and just make sure it is chowned correctly. But if you want to have a config line like the original you could change the home directory of the plex user, but not necessary.

I'm testet and plex wil never running! chown all okay but plex want never running. :cry:
    The user plex exist and tell my way should i change a config and not the user with out chown and oder permission change/fix??

the simples way is change the plex user directory! however everyone as it likes. ;)

Greetings
    mc-iceman

Edit------Edit------Edit------Edit------Edit------Edit------Edit------Edit

Zitat von "davidh2k"

What i really meant that i was unable to scratch my TV Series because i don't have the dumb naming scenario for TV Series that Plex expects.

Greetings
    David

Well plex naming off TV Series is a little crap ^^ plex make really problem with Anime Series and i changed all tittle - name - S01E01 and a big problem by the tittle was a number 07Gost - S01E01 and plex find only Ep7 :lol:

however for any problem? a solution! :D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!