[GUIDE] Sickbeard+SABnzbd+Couchpotato+Headphones+Others

• Zitat von "wmcyow"

Hi there,

Great script - but in using the new version it won;t let me select a folder. When I select 19 (IN MY CASE /OPT) it just goes back to the choose folder screen. The only input that works is 0.

Anyone else having this issue?

Sorry I found a typo, fixed it now so it should work again.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Not sure if this is a little glitch or a problem other people have encountered also. My omv install is fresh and basic with standard add ons and nothing fancy done with users or permissions.

1. Tried the old method a few times to run omv.sh get 404 errors. Does not work of course because miller improved and changed things.

2. Locate new Guide here and try new method.

3. Try to run ./omv.sh after following guide and get 404 errors, try a few more times to install and run than start to pull out hair.

4. Notice on the Putty terminal that the script was install as ./omv.sh.3

5. Run ./omv.sh.3 all seems to work.

Looks like instead of instaling the script overtop of itself it instead created new copies. I did to the chmod each time.

I just tried guide again and got a ./omv.sh.4 I have attached screen shot.

• Thats not a problem of this Guide. Thats the normal behaviour of wget, if it already has a file inplace that is called omv.sh, then it renames newly downloaded ones omv.sh.1 omv.sh.2 etc..
    You can see that on the 2. and 4. line from the bottom yourself. So we have a Layer 8 problem here ;) Reading and understanding the output on your screen sometimes helps.

Either remove all omv.sh* files or do a chmod u+x omv.sh.4 and run it with ./omv.sh.4

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I will try to make it more clear on the first page.

omv.sh is a 1 time ONLY download, once you have it there is no need to keep re-downloading it. you will get the situation you are in now.

omv.sh is just a downloader of the main script, it is the main script that changes. Once the main script has finished it will automatically delete its self so you should never see omvinstalls.sh.1 ect..

you should delete all omv.sh files and re-download so you know you have a good copy (rm omv.s*)

• I understand I can just chmod +x ./omv.sh.4 and run with it or I can delete all other omv.sh.1 etc.. than re install as per the guide. But maybe someone else has run across it and I thought maybe there is a way that people with more knowledge and experience than me could solve it long term.

Is it possible to add a check to clean up the extra instances of omv.sh in some manner before the 1st instance that you run it ? Maybe there are other people who have run into this problem or who may run into it in the future.

I think that when I followed the old guide it did install a version of ./omv.sh otherwise I would have never tried the new guide more than 1 time if there was not a previous version to cause the duplicate file naming to happen.

Even though it is simple enough to solve by reading the output, I sometimes see what I expect so missed the extra number added to the output.

• I don't think its a common problem. And should jhmiller implement something into the wget command? It's designed to work this way, like your firefox on your windows PC. Either you are intelligent enough to see that the file is not overwritten, but rather renamed to *.1, or you are simply not.
    That the script should detect its own name is not so easy at all, (and if it could rename itself, you already executed it with the 'wrong' name), and you would ran into some problems, because you cannot delete the script your'e running at the moment and go on with the script. It would maybe be even more irritating for some Users. You simply have to use your mind and detect that you're simply downloaded it multiple times.

Greetings
    David

Edith: I just thought of an easy way to implement this, but it still does not make any sense at all...

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• This previously worked great, but now getting an error on the certificate common name. Any ideas? Thanks

• Zitat von "johnyb"

This previously worked great, but now getting an error on the certificate common name. Any ideas? Thanks

Use this line instead

Code
    wget https://raw.github.com/cptjhmiller/OMV_Installers/master/omv.sh --no-check-certificate

• It seams to me your not reading what is being explained to you by myself and davidh2k.
    Once you have got a copy of omv.sh you should never need to re-download it again. If you have errors running it then you should report that here (with as much info as possible)

I believe your thinking that omv.sh changes, it does not, once you have it that is it.

if you must insist on re-downloading it all the time then use something like this

Code
    wget -q "https://raw.github.com/cptjhmiller/OMV_Installers/master/omv.sh --no-check-certificate" -O /omv.sh

I was thinking of placing it in bin so as it could be called from anywhere

• Okay, apparently it wasn't fully awesome, I wasn't paying attention; forgot to reboot. Just rebooted today before leaving to D&D, and SickBeard didn't auto start; and there's a sickbeard created in the init.d. I'll be home later, to see what's up with it.

Edit:
    CouchPotato doesn't start at boot wither and there is a init.d file as well....
    Removed both files and reinstalled with newest script....
    Now both booting at start...

Modpic.gif

Dell Precision T3500
    Processor:
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.2ghz
    Memory:
    26GB RAM
    Kernel: Linux 5.10.0-0.bpo.9-amd64
    Version: 5.6.2-1 (Usul) Debian Buster [From Fresh Install of 5]

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hakarune ()

• Zitat von "drdownload"

I've installed sickbeard with the old skript, however I shut down sickbeard.

how do i restart it without rebooting?

Code
    service sickbeard start

• I will give it a try in the next few days

• Hi

still an awesome script.. and thanks for fixing the sickbeard install all is working fine now.

as i tried to install deluge, i got a new error.. seems to be something wrong with libtorrent.
    the web interface starts just fine but the demon doesnt start.

here what i got from running it in debug mode (deluged -d -L debug)

what it tried is to install python-libtorrent and libtorrent-rasterbar6 via apt-get but as far i can tell its not compiled that way.

any ideas?

regards
    icki

• I had a couple of quick questions:

1. Is it possible to select a symlink folder at the root of my server? For example, I would rater set my programs to install to \utility\ vs the "real" path "/media/2ecf490f-0078-4150-b0f5-e122001f8728"

2. Also, any benefits to re-installing the apps that were installed with the old script?

3. Does re-installing the old apps with the new script get rid of all my existing settings and what-not?

Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!