[GUIDE] Sickbeard+SABnzbd+Couchpotato+Headphones+Others

• NOTE
    Most of the apps in this script are now available as plugins, I would advise users to use the plugin versions as they are more secure.
    This script has not been tested with OMV 1.0 - Do not run it on this version.

Updated script based on my old script that was HERE

I have been going through the old thread and looking for issues, the ones I have found and was able to fix are stated below.

To use this script you only need to do the following.

This assuming you have a working OMV server and have SSH enabled.

1) SSH into your servers IP address via your chosen terminal program: I use Putty for Windows but the normal Terminal in Linux or MAC Osx would do it just as good. If using Linux or Mac OS you would use the following command in the terminal

Code
    ssh root@<ip address> - replace "<ip address>" with the IP address of your server

When prompted enter the password for the root user (chosen during the OMV install)

2) Once your logged in via SSH type following commands 1 by 1 and in this order:

Code
    cd /
    wget https://raw.github.com/cptjhmiller/OMV_Installers/master/omv.sh --no-check-certificate
    chmod +x /omv.sh
    ./omv.sh

3) This is just a base script that will download and run the latest version of the main script, you should not delete this script as it will save you downloading it again later if you need to update or add any other programs.

4) Once the main screen starts you should see a screen like this.

On this screen you will see a list of programs that can be installed. You will also see at the bottom of the screen the current IP address and the folder MOST
    programs will be installed to.

5) Press i or I [Enter] to change the IP address (only needs to be done if not the correct IP for your OMV system)

6) Press f or F [Enter] to change the folder MOST programs will be installed to.

This looks complicated but trust me its not. You will see a list of folder in the root of your system drive (like above) if you wanted to install your
    programs here you would just enter 0 [Enter], if you want to install inside /opt you would do 23 [Enter] this will put you inside /opt you just
    do 0 [Enter] to select this folder. If you go to a folder and want to go back, just do 1 [Enter] and you will be taken back 1 level.

7) Once you have the correct IP and folder setup you can then proceed to start installing programs. From the list you can choose 1 or more programs to install.
    Eg. 1 [Enter] will only install CouchPotato, 1 5 10 [Enter] will install CouchPotato, SickBeard (Develop) and Subsonic 4.8

8) Once you have selected the program(s) you wish to install you will see a confirmation screen like this

all you have to do now is either press y to start the install(s) pressing n will return you to the main window.

9) After each program is installed you will be asked if you would like a link added to the side menu of the OMV webui (see below)
    This links once clicked will open the webui for that program in a new tab.

10) When all programs have been installed you will see a end menu that will show what was installed and what address you can access its webui from.

The script is now hosted on Git Hub (https://raw.github.com/cptjhmiller/OMV_Installers) for those who my want to offer suggestions to improve the script.
    The script has under gone some big changes and have changed over 500 lines of code. This means that some uninstall routines will not work on apps installed
    via any of the older scripts, 90% still do but newznab free will have to be uninstalled manually.

As ever, any questions or suggestions, post here and I will try to help.

Miller

I used some of mcloum's guide from the old thread (hope you don't mind)

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

8 Mal editiert, zuletzt von jhmiller ()

• ** reserved **

• Offizieller Beitrag

Completely agree. The other thread was getting a bit long. I will edit the first post with a link to this thread and lock it.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Maybe Link to the old Thread in your first Post here, so if somebody looks for more informations he can look it up there quickly.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I will do some more edits on the first post later, for now I have been busy adding and changing quite a bit of code, it is hosted on git hub but I will pull it off once I have a working base model and re commit that as a starting base so I would not suggest people start looking for it and start using it. When its done I will update the first post with full instructions and maybe a pic or video.

• Zitat von "jhmiller"

I will do some more edits on the first post later, for now I have been busy adding and changing quite a bit of code, it is hosted on git hub but I will pull it off once I have a working base model and re commit that as a starting base so I would not suggest people start looking for it and start using it. When its done I will update the first post with full instructions and maybe a pic or video.

Can't wait, for some reason I can't get my manual install of anything to start at boot, so your script will be greatly appreciated.

Modpic.gif

Dell Precision T3500
    Processor:
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.2ghz
    Memory:
    26GB RAM
    Kernel: Linux 5.10.0-0.bpo.9-amd64
    Version: 5.6.2-1 (Usul) Debian Buster [From Fresh Install of 5]

• Its should not be too long now, I am at the stage where I have been testing virtual installs and have been fixing minor issues as they pop up. I hope it should be done sometime soon (ish)

oh yeh, have a look at the first post above and see if there are any old problems not mentioned.

Miller

• Nope dont mind at all. Im glad this hasn't been abandoned, i came to upgrade my SAB and found the URL to be dead which made my heart beat fast and slow at the same time! Hope its up soon :)

• Zitat von "mcloum"

Nope dont mind at all. Im glad this hasn't been abandoned, i came to upgrade my SAB and found the URL to be dead which made my heart beat fast and slow at the same time! Hope its up soon :)

I left the version file where it was for now so you should still be able to do a

Code
    service SABnzbd update

• Just to let those who are interested know that the script is now "live" again and the first post has been updated with instructions on how to run it.

Miller

• Iam just testing your script and i must say that iam not experienced with the programs. So iam trying to install the full package but unfortunately the programm is telling me that i have to see duplicates programs where i don't think they are.
    So why does 13 or 14 conflict with 1 4 7 9 10 11 12?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

Iam just testing your script and i must say that iam not experienced with the programs. So iam trying to install the full package but unfortunately the programm is telling me that i have to see duplicates programs where i don't think they are.
    So why does 13 or 14 conflict with 1 4 7 9 10 11 12?

Greetings
    David

I tried with 1 4 7 9 10 11 12 14/13 and it installed everything ok. The only apps that should warn about duplicates are when installing 2 versions of either Couchpotato, HeadPhones or Sickbeard

Just look and 13 and 14 can't be installed at the same time as it will break the install, you can install 1 after the other but not at the same time.

• What the hell, i just saw that my putty session to my Virtual Machine disconnected. I looked into the VM directly and my ip got changed...
    Surely i wasn't installing via screen, so i cannot reattach the session. Is there a way to go to this point back?:

Greetings
    David

PS: I now see that the problem is related to the 2 packages, but may i ask what breaks the install there? Whats the difference between installing them at one step and installing them one after another?

• The way the script works it COULD cause problems, as the script is divided into sections nZEDb will call the same sections in the script as newznab (and visa versa) so there is a chance that it will cause conflicts.
    ie the port to use is stored in the same variable, this could mean you set up 1 site to use port 81 and the other 82 but both could end up using the same port.

• You can get all needed files if you clone the git to your local machine.

Greetings
    David

• Zitat von "bentanvil"

It looks like the script omv.sh still has a line pointing to the old download address for installomv.sh

You must delete the old omv.sh and use the 1 on the first post.

• I have installed auto-sub with youre script. But nothing happends. It is in the menu within omv. But when i click on it, it opens an extra tab on the browser. but says

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.104:8083.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
    moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
    that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

• Did it give any errors during the install, did you check to see if the path you gave for the app to be installed to has the auto-sub folder and did you try re-installing?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!