Rsync using high CPU on idle??

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of

ps aux| grep rsync

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• root@latzcovault:~# ps aux | grep rsync
    root 2614 0.0 0.0 7548 844 pts/0 S+ 23:54 0:00 grep rsync
    root@latzcovault:~#

Is that what you were looking for? I have no idea what that did lol still getting used to the Linux stuff

• ps shows the current processes
    you may use something like

Code
    ps aux | grep USER

to show the header

And it says rsync is not using any cpu power just at the moment as the third value is cpu ... thats the way i read it

• Offizieller Beitrag

It tells me that rsync wasn't running at all when you issued the command. The line shown is grep. I was looking for the command after rsync to see what job it was actually running. The fact that it isn't there is odd. I don't know why rsync would run on its own. Do you have the rsync server enabled?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• oh - didnt read it correctly :D You are right, rsync isnt even running ...

I was watching my NAS for about 10 minutes now - and everything works properly :)

But one idea:
    Perhaps its fixed on 0.4.30? Why dont you upgrade? :)

• Thanks for your help guys! I wonder why in my screenshots it's showing rsync at 97% usage?

What's really strange is it's suddenly stopped after I disabled the rsync server. Will re-enable and see what that does.

Where do I find 0.4.30? I don't understand the version numbering, mine says 0.4.6 so wouldn't going 0.4.30 be downgrading? :)

• 0.4.6 -> 0.4.7 -> 0.4.8 -> 0.4.9 -> 0.4.10 -> 0.4.11 .... -> .... -> 0.4.29 -> 0.4.30

You'll find the update in the Update Section of your OMV Webinterface.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Ahahaha lol I'm so so stupid lol !! I read it as .3 not .30! Silly me :oops:

I'm on the update manager section of my interface and there's nothing there to upgrade to 0.4.30 when I click 'Check' it doesn't bring anything up.

I ran an Rsync job yesterday (server disabled). Job has completed successfully but Rsync has started using %75 cpu again....

• You use --compress, why? You are copying from a local harddisk to another, therefore it makes no sense to use it.
    Thats why you get your high CPU Load.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!