How do I upgrade from 3.x to 4.x

• If, during the update, I get these error messages:

should I worry?

• uh-oh. now I get: "omv-release-upgrade: command not found"

I am logged in as root and before the update, I was at 3.0.99.

Maybe I should make clear that after these error messages, the update process kept working for a while, but then just stopped. No reboot, no "everything done" message.

Edit: in system information, it already gives me the version number 4.1.14, but there was no reboot. Should I try rebooting? (I'm scared...)

I also keep getting error messages by mail like "connection failed ngingx" or "PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0"

• OK, it's mostly running now, but I'm still getting the error

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

It doesn't seem to affect the essential services, but what does it mean?

• There seems to be a new problem: When I log in to the web interface, I get the message:

Invalid RPC response. Please check the syslog for more information.

And when I click on "Details", it says:

Error #0:OMV\Rpc\Exception: Invalid RPC response. Please check the syslog for more information. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:186Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UnionFilesystem...', 'getList', Array, Array, 3)#1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()#2 {main}

Regarding "Union Filesystem", I'm using mergerfs. It's working (i.e. the merged folder is accessible), but it doesn't show up in the web interface.

I get a similar message when I try to access "antivirus":

Error #0:OMV\Rpc\Exception: Invalid RPC response. Please check the syslog for more information. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:186Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ShareMgmt', 'enumerateShared...', Array, Array, 3)#1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()#2 {main}

• Apparently, my plugins are not updated:

[code}

ii openmediavault 4.1.14-1 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-flashmemory 3.5 all folder2ram plugin for OpenMediaVault
    ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii openmediavault-letsencrypt 3.4.5 all Generate free and valid SSL certificates for OMV
    ii openmediavault-locate 3.4 all locate plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 3.4.32 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii openmediavault-shellinabox 3.4 all Web-based SSH client.
    ii openmediavault-snapraid 3.7.3 all snapraid plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-transmissionbt 3.0.9 all OpenMediaVault Transmission (BitTorrent client) plugin.
    ii openmediavault-unionfilesystems 3.1.17 all Union filesystems plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-usbbackup 4.0.7-1 all OpenMediaVault USB/eSATA backup plugin

[/code]
    But I updated everything through the web-ui, and even after clicking "check" in the plugins panel, I get 3.11 as current version for backup, 3.0.9 for transmission, and 3.1.17 for unionfilesystems, when according to to omv-extras.org the current versions should be 4.0.4, 4.0, and 4.0.2. Do I have to install them manually? Or is there something broken in the update system?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do I have to install them manually? Or is there something broken in the update system?

For some reason, omv-extras didn't update. So, you need to update it manually and then the other plugins should update. wget -O - http://omv-extras.org/install | bash

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• OK, after two weeks I found a new problem: I noticed my scanner can't connect to the OMV-Server anymore. (It uses SMB to upload the scanned documents.) I found that the account the scanner uses displays an incorrect password (the root password) in the user control panel. I can't change the password however, whenever I click "apply changes", it reverts back to the root password afterwards. Even if I delete and recreate the user.

Now the funny thing is: even if I use the "new" password, I can't connect to the server. Not via SMB, not via SSH or shellinabox. I can, however, upload scans using the root account, so there is no configuration or connection error with the scanner.

Does this make sense to anyone? Could the user database have been screwed up by the update?

• OK, I did some more experimenting, and I observed the following:

- every new user I add, no matter which password I enter, shows the root password afterwards.
    - If I login as root, then "su guest" to change the password for "guest", I get: "passwd: Authentication token manipulation error"
    - I can't login via SSH or shellinabox as any user except root - no matter which password I use.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!