( Pine64 3.0.90 ) How to combine haven't use sd card space to mmcblk0p2 ?

• Hello

When i need to use SSH upgrade debian jessie security and openmediavault fix the new problem mmcblk0p2 the space was not enough me to upgrade.
    I have read the readme file make it mkfs.btfs /dev/mmcblk0p3 space , after first boot but can't automatically resized /dev/mmcblk0p3 to /dev/mmcblk0p2 , how can i fix it ?

Thank !

The readme file note :

The last partition for data use will be automatically resized on
    first boot to use all available SD card space. Though you need to
    put your filesystem of choice on it (eg mkfs.btrfs /dev/mmcblk0p3)

Hello,
    My name is joe from pine64 forum because here joe have registered , so random choose Ken this name.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Ken ()

• Hi Ken,
    What I should do to use more space, of the sdcard in my case is the following:
    1. Write image to sdcard with Win32diskimager (or your standard procedure in linux).
    2. First boot your board (rpi, pine,...), that will run a script to use all space.
    3. Remove card and insert into a linux machine, to use gparted (sometimes I use gparted live)
    4. Use gparted to resize partition 2 and 3. Resize partition 3 to use less space, and 2 ('omv', is for system /) for use more space.
    5. Insert card again, boot and that's all.

If you are using a emmc I assume you could do the same steps.
    Greetings,
    David.

My business server: OMV 4.1.22 | intel J2900 + 4GB DDR3 | 64GB SSD OS Disk | 2x1TB WD raid data disks
    Home Server: OMV 4.1.22 (4.19bpo
    ) | MSI B150M PRO VDH | i5-6600T 35W | 16GG RAM DDR4 2133 | 60GB SSD OS disk | 120GG SSD Games (Minecraft+Ark)| 1x4TB+2x2TB WD NAS RED HDDs
    ---------------- File server, FTP, Printing server, Plex, Logitech Media Server, VDR, Minecraft Server, Ark Survival Server, jDownloader
    Home automation server: OMV 4.1.22 (kernel 4.19 bpo) | Intel J4205 | 128GB SSD OS | 250GB HDD DATA | USB-RS485 | mbusd MODBUS TCP<->RTU GATEWAY | HMI SCADA myscadaHome

• When i need to use SSH upgrade debian jessie security and openmediavault fix the new problem mmcblk0p2 the space was not enough me to upgrade.

This means no automatic fs resize has happened and this can either mean you use an SD card smaller than 8 GB (either 4 GB or even smaller or an already broken 8 GB card where available data has been remapped).

You should check and provide output of 'df -h' and in case you use a 8 GB card or with lower capacity you need to buy a good SD card with at least 16 GB anyway since reliable and affordable SD cards with 8 GB capacity or less don't exist (you only waste your time and your installation will fail later).

If you're willing to ignore all risks and advises it's as easy as

Code
    rm /root/.rootfs_resize && reboot
  • Hi hammondb4

This is my first boot nothing haven't use other space can i see it .
    Maybe script not work.

Hello,
    My name is joe from pine64 forum because here joe have registered , so random choose Ken this name.

• Win32diskimager (or your standard procedure in linux)

This is a horrible tool since it does not verify what it tried to write. Better avoid it until it got a verify function (it's unbelievable that this has never been added). There exist patched versions (for the simple reason that Win32diskimager is horrible without verify) but today we should simply use Etcher (the sole existence of this tool is that 'burning went wrong' happens way too often and everywhere).

that will run a script to use all space

The OMV images for all ARM boards won't try to resize to the full size but only to ~7.3 GB (since this is at least the size an 8GB card should have). If it's less than this size, the resize will fail leading to the user in question running out of disk space soon (see first post of this thread) so the user asks here and gets notified that he's most probably using an SD card that will cause trouble anyway later. So he can save himself and others trying to help a lot of time by replacing the card now.

• Hi , tkaiser

Yes i am used 8GB card after i will try to 16GB card
    Thank your suggest

Hello,

• i will try to 16GB card

For satisfying results burn it only with Etcher (no need to decompress, Etcher will verify burning process and save you from some common SD card troubles). It's strongly recommended to always test your SD card with either F3 or H2testw first to check for counterfeit/broken cards. :)

• For satisfying results burn it only with Etcher (no need to decompress, Etcher will verify burning process and save you from some common SD card troubles). It's strongly recommended to always test your SD card with either F3 or H2testw first to check for counterfeit/broken cards. :)

By now i used samsung 16GB resized my space only 7.32GB.
    Anyway this have been enough my upgrade.
    Your suggest very helpful.

Thanks

Hello,

• I access SSH other not use space have inside.
    This is use gparted to resize other space now

Thanks

Hello,

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!