[SOLVED] The property 'path' does not exist in the model 'conf.system.backup'

• I've upgraded from 2.0 to 3.0 to 4.0 (Arrakis) recently and ended up with an error in the Backup plugin. When I access the entry for from the web interface I get:

The property 'path' does not exist in the model 'conf.system.backup'.

Details:

Error #0:OMV\AssertException: The property 'path' does not exist in the model 'conf.system.backup'. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/configobject.inc:71Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/configobject.inc(186): OMV\Config\ConfigObject->assertExists('path')#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/configobject.inc(271): OMV\Config\ConfigObject->set('path', '/media/aca4f31f...', false)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/configobject.inc(233): OMV\Config\ConfigObject->setFlatAssoc(Array, false, false)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc(90): OMV\Config\ConfigObject->setAssoc(Array, false)#4 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/backup.inc(41): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.system.bac...')#5 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceBackup->get(NULL, Array)#6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('get', NULL, Array)#8 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Backup', 'get', NULL, Array, 1)#9 {main}

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling omvextras and backup plugin several times, no luck. Also, not some kind of browser cache issue as was the case with a few other upgrade error messages I received from the web interface.

Can manually edit conf.system.backup if necessary, but not sure what to add. Not an expert with linux, but not a newbie either. Please let me know what you think.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Purge the plugin (apt-get purge openmediavault-backup) otherwise the database config doesn't get removed which is causing the message. Then re-install. If that doesn't work, remove the path element from /etc/openmediavault/config.xml (back it up first).

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Yeah, sorry. I failed to mention earlier that I did purge openmediavault-backup previously and then reinstall - several times. Was not able to find the word 'path' in /etc/openmediavault/config.xml at all, let alone anything defined.

Am I missing something?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Am I missing something?

Not sure. What is the output of: omv-showkey backup

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• <backup>
    <sharedfolderref>8086fc0d-c039-4f6a-adec-ac9a147f0e4e</sharedfolderref>
    <path>/media/aca4f31f-6c7b-483c-b092-df5e853b8b0c/omvbackup</path>
    <photorec>
    <freespace>1</freespace>
    <everything>1</everything>
    </photorec>
    <partedmagic></partedmagic>
    <extundelete></extundelete>
    <extraoptions></extraoptions>
    <root></root>
    </backup>

• Offizieller Beitrag

That config is old. It should look like this:

XML
    <backup>
          <sharedfolderref>3af71432-aa9a-450f-909b-979443fd0493</sharedfolderref>
          <root></root>
          <extraoptions/>
        </backup>

• Can a force a regeneration? If not, where is the native file so I can manually edit it?

Figured it out.

1) Ran locate conf.system.backup and found below:

/omvbackup/usr/share/openmediavault/confdb/create.d/conf.system.backup.sh
    /omvbackup/usr/share/openmediavault/confdb/delete.d/conf.system.backup.sh
    /omvbackup/usr/share/openmediavault/confdb/migrations.d/conf.system.backup_3.2.sh
    /omvbackup/usr/share/openmediavault/confdb/migrations.d/conf.system.backup_3.4.sh
    /omvbackup/usr/share/openmediavault/confdb/migrations.d/conf.system.backup_3.7.sh
    /omvbackup/usr/share/openmediavault/datamodels/conf.system.backup.json
    /usr/share/openmediavault/confdb/create.d/conf.system.backup.sh
    /usr/share/openmediavault/confdb/delete.d/conf.system.backup.sh
    /usr/share/openmediavault/confdb/migrations.d/conf.system.backup_3.2.sh
    /usr/share/openmediavault/confdb/migrations.d/conf.system.backup_3.4.sh
    /usr/share/openmediavault/confdb/migrations.d/conf.system.backup_3.7.sh
    /usr/share/openmediavault/datamodels/conf.system.backup.json

2) run /omvbackup/usr/share/openmediavault/confdb/delete.d/conf.system.backup.sh - deletes current backup config
    3) omv-showkey backup now yields nothing...
    4) run /omvbackup/usr/share/openmediavault/confdb/create.d/conf.system.backup.sh - creates new backup config
    5) omv-showkey backup now yields :

<backup><sharedfolderref/><root/><extraoptions/></backup></system

Going to the 'Backup' selection from the web gui now yields no error, can configure as before.

Thanks for the assistance and hope this helps someone else with the same problem after upgrading.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks for the assistance and hope this helps someone else with the same problem after upgrading.

Glad it is working. Once I fix the plugin, someone in the same position would just need to uninstall and reinstall the plugin.

• Hi,
    i had this problem on OMV 3 and today i upgraded to OMV 4.1.17 and still have same problem.

I tried the solution here, but had no success.
    I deinstalled the plugin and reinstalled, but still got this error.

Then i tried the commands pasted 2 posts below, but i got error when i use them...

also tried apt-get purge openmediavault-backup and then reinstalled it, but no success, still same error message :(

here is my error message when i go to the backup tab:

• Offizieller Beitrag

here is my error message when i go to the backup tab:

This has been fixed but you need to manually fix your system. Purge the plugin and then remove the backup section from /etc/openmediavault/config.xml (make a backup first).

• Thank you for answering. I purged the plugin already, with no success. What exactly do i have to delete in the backupsection? Can you describe it please for "dummies" that i know what i have to delete.
    So like you write i have to edit the config.xml file and there delete the "backup section", i understand right?

best regards

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thank you for answering. I purged the plugin already, with no success. What exactly do i have to delete in the backupsection? Can you describe it please for "dummies" that i know what i have to delete.
    So like you write i have to edit the config.xml file and there delete the "backup section", i understand right?

Yes, I know you purged it but it needs to be purged when editing the config.xml.

As root:

source /usr/share/openmediavault/scripts/helper-functions
    omv_config_delete "/config/services/backup"
    omv_config_delete "/config/system/backup"

Confirm it is gone with:
    omv-showkey backup

• That did the job, now it works, great! Thank you :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!