OMV won't boot

• My boot flash drive has become corrupted, it no longer boots. I've used GParted to Check the partition and selected Information about the partition. Check fails. I've tried several times. Here are the details.

GParted Information
    <i>Filesystem volume name: <none>
    Last mounted on: /
    Filesystem UUID: 91998198-ef61-4428-9d76-9fda6c0af763
    Filesystem magic number: 0xEF53
    Filesystem revision #: 1 (dynamic)
    Filesystem features: has_journal ext_attr resize_inode dir_index filetype extent flex_bg inline_data sparse_super large_file huge_file uninit_bg dir_nlink extra_isize
    Filesystem flags: signed_directory_hash
    Default mount options: user_xattr acl
    Filesystem state: not clean with errors
    Errors behavior: Continue
    Filesystem OS type: Linux
    Inode count: 466032
    Block count: 1862912
    Reserved block count: 93145
    Free blocks: 807912
    Free inodes: 397743
    First block: 0
    Block size: 4096
    Fragment size: 4096
    Reserved GDT blocks: 454
    Blocks per group: 32768
    Fragments per group: 32768
    Inodes per group: 8176
    Inode blocks per group: 511
    Flex block group size: 16
    Filesystem created: Wed Oct 7 10:11:10 2015
    Last mount time: Mon Nov 13 18:32:38 2017
    Last write time: Thu Nov 23 21:49:16 2017
    Mount count: 69
    Maximum mount count: -1
    Last checked: Wed Oct 7 10:11:10 2015
    Check interval: 0 (<none>)
    Lifetime writes: 318 GB
    Reserved blocks uid: 0 (user root)
    Reserved blocks gid: 0 (group root)
    First inode: 11
    Inode size: 256
    Required extra isize: 28
    Desired extra isize: 28
    Journal inode: 8
    Default directory hash: half_md4
    Directory Hash Seed: 31961537-6300-48c6-b225-e2254965a058
    Journal backup: inode blocks
    FS Error count: 2
    First error time: Thu Nov 23 21:38:20 2017
    First error function: ext4_ext_check_inode
    First error line #: 510
    First error inode #: 8
    First error block #: 0
    Last error time: Thu Nov 23 21:39:42 2017
    Last error function: ext4_ext_check_inode
    Last error line #: 510
    Last error inode #: 8
    Last error block #: 0</i>

<i>dumpe2fs 1.43.4 (31-Jan-2017)
    dumpe2fs: Invalid argument while reading journal inode</i>

<i>Unable to read the contents of this file system!
    Because of this some operations may be unavailable.
    The cause might be a missing software package.
    The following list of software packages is required for ext4 file system support: e2fsprogs v1.41+.</i>

GParted Check details
    gparted_details.txt

Does anybody have any ideas what's going on? What else can I try?

Thanks

• Lifetime writes: 318 GB

To quickly elaborate on that: that's what the filesystem knows. All flash media don't allow to directly overwrite data (they implement pages and 'erase blocks') so in reality if just a few bytes are written at a time the amount of data written at the flash layer can be magnitudes higher than what happened at the filesystem layer.

The problem is the so called 'write amplification' and that's what the flashmemory plugin is for as @cabrio_leo already mentioned. This should be used always when running off pendrives or SD cards (or even quality SSDs, wear out can be delayed easily by a factor of 20 or more)

Another great idea is to check every flash media prior to usage. That's what F3 or H2testw are made for.

• To quickly elaborate on that: that's what the filesystem knows. All flash media don't allow to directly overwrite data (they implement pages and 'erase blocks') so in reality if just a few bytes are written at a time the amount of data written at the flash layer can be magnitudes higher than what happened at the filesystem layer.
    The problem is the so called 'write amplification' and that's what the flashmemory plugin is for as @cabrio_leo already mentioned. This should be used always when running off pendrives or SD cards (or even quality SSDs, wear out can be delayed easily by a factor of 20 or more)

Another great idea is to check every flash media prior to usage. That's what F3 or H2testw are made for.

What I've done is use gddrescue to recover the USB flash drive to a "new" (different) one of the exact same model type and capacity. The recovery was 100% successful. I don't understand why e2fsck is not able to fix either the source USB flash drive nor the file system on the recovered one. This doesn't make any sense to me.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!