Openvpn plugin on OVM4 ?

• Been waiting for this release a while. However, after installation of the plugin I get the following error.

Error #0:OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:140Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'getSettings', NULL, Array, 3)
    #1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #2 {main}

How do I solve this?

"Goats are like mushrooms, if you shoot a duck, I'm scared of toasters."

• Been waiting for this release a while. However, after installation of the plugin I get the following error.

Error #0:OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:140Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'getSettings', NULL, Array, 3)
    #1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #2 {main}

How do I solve this?

How did you install it? Did you do it through the OMV-Extras repo or using my instructions from my earlier post?

• How did you install it? Did you do it through the OMV-Extras repo or using my instructions from my earlier post?

I managed to install it with your instructions. Pulling it from the repo caused the above mentioned error, but installing it by pulling it directly seemed to work. Thanks!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Zwei ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Pulling it from the repo caused the above mentioned error, but installing it by pulling it directly seemed to work.

It shouldn't. It is the exact same code.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It shouldn't. But it did. Don't know why. Either way, problem of installation solved, though I'm still having problems with configuration, as I've posted here. Any one able to help me out?

• Offizieller Beitrag

It shouldn't. But it did. Don't know why.

I think you had an apt issue and the second installation fix it. I don't think getting the code from git did it.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Thank you so much for the plugin update, works great on my end and setup was a cinch.

Can a 2fa solution be added to this as on a normal OpenVPN instance?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are you sure that you put the new version in the repo? I didn't see it listed.

Yes - https://bintray.com/openmediav…penmediavault-openvpn/4.0 - do you have the omv-extras testing repo enabled?

I even checked my local copy of the git repo and it is update to date. I just pushed 4.0.1 to the regular omv-extras repo with updated translations.

• Yes - https://bintray.com/openmediav…penmediavault-openvpn/4.0 - do you have the omv-extras testing repo enabled?
    I even checked my local copy of the git repo and it is update to date. I just pushed 4.0.1 to the regular omv-extras repo with updated translations.

I have the testing repo enabled, but it still did not show up. And I just checked for updates, but 4.0.1 is not showing up. It also worth noting that although 4.0 installed properly my way, I am having issues with connecting to the VPN.

• Offizieller Beitrag

And I just checked for updates, but 4.0.1 is not showing up

Something is wrong with your system then. Try the apt clean button.

It also worth noting that although 4.0 installed properly my way, I am having issues with connecting to the VPN.

I know nothing about this plugin and don't use vpn. So, not much I can do to help with that.

• I found that my OMV-Extras plugin never got upgraded, so none of the plugins that depend on it were upgraded either. I manually installed the new version and checked for updates, and everything seems to have upgraded just fine now.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there still Openvpn-as version of this?

Nope.

Is it not maintained?

Nope. Tekkb was the maintainer.

I can go a head and install it on the command line, to get the web ui?

That should work. The plugin was very simple and just allowed the service to be enabled/disabled.

• This is the one plug-in that is stopping me from moving over to OMV 4.

I have tried a few times to get the openvpn plugin working, and it installs fine. I download a certificate and I try to connect, but it won't connect.

In OMV 3 this was very straightforward, so I am surprised to be struggling so much.

I will be sticking to OMV 3 for now as this is a necessary plugin for me unfortunately.

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is the one plug-in that is stopping me from moving over to OMV 4.

Unfortunately, there is no maintainer. So, I don't know how it is ever going to work on OMV 4 and almost no chance of being ported to OMV 5. Maybe @TechnoDadLife will make a video of his experiences with openvpn-as??

• Unfortunately, there is no maintainer. So, I don't know how it is ever going to work on OMV 4 and almost no chance of being ported to OMV 5. Maybe @TechnoDadLife will make a video of his experiences with openvpn-as??

It has been modified to work on OMV4. I posted instructions for users that wanted to build and install it somewhere on here. I am not sure where they are though. If anyone wants to look through my post history (I don't have time to do so right now), you should be able to find it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!