Chelsio SFP+ 10Gbe Adapter - interfaces state DOWN

• recently purchased several Chelsio dual SFP+ 10GB interface cards and DAC cables.

I am wanting to direct connect my soon to be two NAS systems (OMV) and my Dell R710 running proxmox.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to bring the SFP+ interfaces UP on my OMV.
    On the proxmox system, I have no problem getting the interface to come up ......
    In OMV however the system sees the card, loads the driver and in the GUI I can set the interface information (Set static IP with the correct subnetmask, but left the DNS and gateway empty)
    when I look up the interface status ... 'IP LINK SHOW' it always shows the SFP+ interfaces as down and I can't bring them up.

I have tried different cards, but all have the same problem.

I have tried both of the cables I have and still same problem

On the proxmox side the link shows up and the amber light is flashing as if it is trying to send data.

On the OMV side the light goes from slow flashing green to just solid green when I plug in the DAC cable.

Nothing happens and the interface won't go up.

Any ideas ? I have tried searching OMV forms and the web, but so far nothing. I was thinking maybe it is something with the cables or Chelsio adapter ....... I have a different NIC coming and a different cable, but as all the cards work under proxmox it should work in OMV

The driver even shows the same version .....

Any thoughts or help would be great .... this is my first dive into 10Gbe and also SFP+

• Tried a new ... different SFP+ DAC passive cable and still can't get the NIC in OMV to come up.

On the proxmox side the NIC says it is up and the amber light is flashing.
    On OMV it is down and just has the solid green light.... the light turns green when the cable is plugged in so the NIC shows that the module is plugged in.

The drive is cxgb3toe which is the one for linux form the Netapp Chelsio S320 website. (Same driver on both Proxmox and OMV)
    Ethtools shows the card and it is recognized by the system ..... comparing Proxmox and OMV everything seems to be the same.

Has anyone successfully used the Dual 10GBe SFP+ Chelsio Neapp S320 card with OMV ?
    What SFP+ cards have people successfully implemented ? Direct connection or through a switch ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I haven’t use sfp modules in my server but I would assume configuring is the same as Ethernet.

Why don’t you post both configurations here
    Full set for both servers.
    ip r s
    ip link show
    Ip addr show
    cat /etc/network/interfaces

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!