Fail2ban for OMV 4 Arrakis

• Hi @ryecoaaron I am currently using fail2ban plugin (latest seems to be still v4.0.2) on my OMV 4.1.34-1 and I would like to offer my time to improve on the UI and more specifically the texts/translations of this plugin.

I tried adding a .po file in /usr/share/openmediavault/locale/el_GR/ and improving the existing openmediavault-fail2ban.po in /usr/share/openmediavault/locale/en_GB/ but I cannot seem to see the changes.

I restarted both service and server. My macOS Safari browser does request in en_GB per http://www.reliply.org/tools/requestheaders.php

Any ideas how to see the text-changes and where to submit them, are very welcome. Thank you.

OpenMediaVault 6.9.13-1 • Intel NUC NUC6CAYH • Intel Celeron J3455 • 2x4GB RAM • Samsung 870 QVO 4TB • USB Boot (System)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Translations are automated. You will need to add them here - https://www.transifex.com/open…/openmediavault-fail2ban/

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thank you for your reply; as I want to confirm any translation on my OMV 4.x installation locally first, may I ask you for any idea as to why the edited .po file does not eventually show up on my browser? (Safari/Firefox on macOS)
    I did confirm the requested language and cleared cache but still, I cannot see improvements (I did see that the plugin has the text in brackets as required for translation).
    Is there some web cache I must purge on OMV in SSH? Thanks!

OpenMediaVault 6.9.13-1 • Intel NUC NUC6CAYH • Intel Celeron J3455 • 2x4GB RAM • Samsung 870 QVO 4TB • USB Boot (System)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Konsti ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Run omv-mki18ndict, Not sure if you will have to reset the web interface in the top right hand menu of the web interface.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Hi ryecoaaron I am returning to this thread just to get your advice if you have time; although this method (and running omv-mki18ndict command) seems to work on MacOS and Firefox 81, it doesn't seem to work for Safari 13.

I checked on both

http://www.reliply.org/tools/requestheaders.php and https://www.localeplanet.com/support/browser.html and I do get Accept-Language: en-gb and navigator.language: en-gb but for some reason, any changes to the PO file are not visible on Safari.

Any ideas if Safari has some quirks that prevent OMV 4 interface from translating the UI sections? I tried "private browsing" and there, too, I don't seem to get the PO being used...

Thank you again.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any ideas if Safari has some quirks that prevent OMV 4 interface from translating the UI sections?

Must be something Safari related. But I don't use safari and don't have an OMV 4 system. So hard to test. It might just be an incompatibility with a newer Safari change that the older extjs6 (over 3 years old) doesn't support. Even if OMV 4 was still supported, Volker can't get updates for extjs anymore. That is one of the reasons he is not using extjs for OMV 6.x.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!