Import data disk?

• Hi all,

So I finally set up my ZFS pool and SMB share, and am able to access it from my computer. Now I need to put all of my data onto the server, which I have on a SATA hard drive. Is there any way to import this disk by plugging it straight into the server itself and transferring the data, or do I have to do this through computers connected to the server?

• Is there any way to import this disk by plugging it straight into the server itself and transferring the data,

Yes, you can mount the disk by the WebUi. The disk is then mounted under /srv.
    Personally I have used Midnight commander for such a copy job.
    Installation: CLI> apt-get install mc
    Start with:CLI> mc

The files are then copied under the same owner which you used to log in to the console. So maybe it is necessary to modify it afterwards.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!