Moved existing RAID to new OMV installation

• Hi,
    I moved a raid system from an old OMV (2.x) installation to a new fresh instalaltion.
    After installing the OMV system I reinstalled all my 5 RAID drives.
    mdadm found the RAID again and I updated the config file:

Then I installed cryptsetup on the system and mounted the RAID-Partition:

Code
    cat /etc/crypttab
    # <target name> <source device>         <key file>      <options>
    storage UUID=5b6d66b2-d41e-42df-8ddc-3702a7695ad0 *keyfile* luks

mount
    /dev/mapper/storage on /media/storage type ext4 (rw,noexec,relatime,stripe=512,data=ordered,jqfmt=vfsv0,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group)

I also tried to setup fstab as it was on the old system:

Code
    cat /etc/fstab
    tmpfs           /tmp            tmpfs   defaults        0       0
    # >>> [openmediavault]
    UUID=e36baf9f-146d-4959-9ff1-a900060babd4 /media/storage ext4 defaults,nofail,acl,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0 0 2
    # <<< [openmediavault]

The GUI only shows the filesystem with a dummy device /dev/dm-0 (I already changed the fstab to mount this pointer).
    It shows in file systems: /dev/dm-0, no label, ext4, size, mounted yes, rederenced no and online.
    But I cannot access the filesystem. There are no device options in the share menue availabe.
    How can I add the device to the Filesystem tab or can get access to the filesystem?
    I do not see a way to reset the array.

Thanks a lot for any kind of support!

My System:
    HP ProLiant G7 MicroServer N54L
    System drive 250 GB
    Starage Raid 5x 4 TB
    Software Raid 5 (mdadm)
    Encryted partition with 14.8TB (luks)

Linux flex 4.9.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.51-1~bpo8+1 (2017-10-17) x86_64 GNU/Linux
    openmediavault 3.0.94

• I manages to fix the issue by un-mounting the encrypted drive and mounting it via gui.
    The updated fstab look like:
    # >>> [openmediavault]/dev/disk/by-id/dm-name-storage /srv/dev-disk-by-id-dm-name-storage ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2# <<< [openmediavault]

Seems to work now.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!