Raspberry pi 2 OMV keeps rebooting

• Hi, I setup my plex media server and samba share yesterday and today i am encountering some problems. First off, my raspberry pi keep rebooting. Naturally I tested a different power supply. Same problem. ;( I don't know how to fix this.

Raspberry Pi 2 and 3, Quad-core processor, 1 GB of RAM.

• What I have shown in the Picture?

I did what you showed in the photo, and it worked :). @flmaxey said for me to turn the shutdown to nothing, but i woudnt want to mess around and everything stops working again. Thanks for your help:)

p.s. The only thing i did was turn it to shutdown, i did not have to enable monitoring.

• Great! You're fixed. (In this particular case, just changing this setting wouldn't cause the R-PI to instantly reboot.)You could enable monitoring, if you like. Your call.

Since you're working again, have you given any thought to cloning your SD-card? Once you get OMV configured the way you want it, if you clone your SD-card (with Clonezilla or Win32Diskimager) you'd have a backup. If the R-PI fails to boot, pop in the backup SD-card and you're back up. Also, this would give you the flexibility of trying different or new OMV features and settings without having to worry about messing up your install. Just a thought.

Is there a way to do this on a linux device (RPi3?) or an iMac? My other questions is, How much bandwidth would my server take? Its running 3 samba shares and a plex server.

• Great! You're fixed. (In this particular case, just changing this setting wouldn't cause the R-PI to instantly reboot.)You could enable monitoring, if you like. Your call.

Since you're working again, have you given any thought to cloning your SD-card? Once you get OMV configured the way you want it, if you clone your SD-card (with Clonezilla or Win32Diskimager) you'd have a backup. If the R-PI fails to boot, pop in the backup SD-card and you're back up. Also, this would give you the flexibility of trying different or new OMV features and settings without having to worry about messing up your install. Just a thought.

When i goto the download page of clonezilla, it says debian. Does this mean i can download it on my raspberry pi 3 (Not the server) and use it? My other questions is, How much bandwidth would my server take? Its running 3 samba shares and a plex server.

• I dont have any windows devices. The thing about the SD card filling up, I dont use the SD card to store media. I use USBs. I currently have 1x16GB USB and 2x8GB. BTW, I chose my plex location on my 16GB, will meta data be sent to the SD card still?

• Well I have a raspberry pi that i use normally as a computer, and my family has a Mac that i used to burn the SD card. The mac has a usb slot and i use a micro sd to USB adapter for reading stuff on the Rpi.

• I wouldn't want to get the CD. Does clonezilla work on a Raspberry pi? I know there are some windows computers in my local library, but i might need admin password to get win32 or clonezila

• The mac has a usb slot and i use a micro sd to USB adapter for reading stuff on the Rpi.

Then install homebrew if not already happened, do

Code
    brew install ddrescue pxz

And use ddrescue since this tool is made for the job (unlike this Win32Diskimager crap that is recommended for no reason since it DOES NOT VERIFY what it pretends to do. Rule of thumb how to deal with Win32Diskimager: ignore its existence)

Error mounting sambashare

When you created an image you can use then pxz to compress it (yourimage.img becomes yourimage.img.xz) and once you need this image later you can directly burn this compressed image using Etcher. Best compression ratio you get when specifying 'pxz -9' but this will take ages on slow Macs.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!