FTP & SMB not working

• Guys - I'm new to openmediavault infact installed the software on my new PC yesterday . I'm not an expert on Linux but the idea of having a Linux based NAS webpage and review is good.

Let me jump on the problem , I'm having with FTP ( I've similar problem with Samba / CIFS as well ) . I configure the OMV after watching may video online and reading blog. After install , I can ping , SSH and Web access ( LAN not WAN ) the NAS , however the SMB and FTP is not working. I installed a new drive 3TB formatted with ext4 , created users , created folder and mapping it etc . I tried debuging see below : only http and ssh open is showing to be open.

root@ranbin-nas:~# netstat -a | grep LIS
    tcp 0 0 *:http *:* LISTEN
    tcp 0 0 *:ssh *:* LISTEN
    tcp 0 64 192.168.2.175:ssh 192.168.2.169:54643 ESTABLISHED
    tcp6 0 0 [::]:ssh [::]:* LISTEN
    unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 15678 /var/run/php5-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock
    unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 15681 /var/run/php5-fpm.sock
    unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 17367 /var/lib/openmediavault/engined.sock
    unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 15500 /var/run/avahi-daemon/socket
    unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 15503 /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket
    unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 15506 /run/acpid.socket
    unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 190 /run/systemd/private
    unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 213 /run/lvm/lvmetad.socket
    unix 2 [ ACC ] SEQPACKET LISTENING 218 /run/udev/control
    unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 221 /run/systemd/journal/stdout

However the process FTP and SMB is showing to be running

root@ranbin-nas:~# /etc/init.d/proftpd status
    ● proftpd.service - LSB: Starts ProFTPD daemon
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/proftpd)
    Active: active (exited) since Thu 2017-12-28 18:15:47 EST; 27min ago
    Process: 2099 ExecStop=/etc/init.d/proftpd stop (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Process: 2137 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/proftpd start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Dec 28 18:15:47 ranbin-nas proftpd[2137]: Starting ftp server: proftpd
    Dec 28 18:15:47 ranbin-nas proftpd[2137]: Warning: Fake start-stop-daemon called, doing nothing.
    Dec 28 18:15:47 ranbin-nas proftpd[2137]: .
    Dec 28 18:15:47 ranbin-nas systemd[1]: Started LSB: Starts ProFTPD daemon.

root@ranbin-nas:~# /etc/init.d/smbd status
    ● smbd.service - LSB: start Samba SMB/CIFS daemon (smbd)
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/smbd)
    Active: active (exited) since Thu 2017-12-28 18:05:28 EST; 38min ago
    Process: 828 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/smbd start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Dec 28 18:05:28 ranbin-nas smbd[828]: Starting SMB/CIFS daemon: smbd
    Dec 28 18:05:28 ranbin-nas smbd[828]: Warning: Fake start-stop-daemon called, doing nothing.
    Dec 28 18:05:28 ranbin-nas smbd[828]: .
    Dec 28 18:05:28 ranbin-nas systemd[1]: Started LSB: start Samba SMB/CIFS daemon (smbd).

I stop and restart both the process still the ports are not showing as Listining which is ODD . Infact when I look at hte web GUI it does show that SMB and FTP services are running.

I did a wireshark capture , I can see that NAS just sent TCP reset for SMB or FTP , which means Port seems to be not open. Also telnet on port 21 and 445 is not working .

Any help would be appreciated ?

• We can close the thread , I re-install the OMV and it started working fine. Problem I think was , after the installation was complete previously , you press enter to reboot ( as the reboot takes time .. I pressed the control+Alt+Del to expedite it ). It this screw up the final installation . A fresh install fixed it. ...

patience is virtue

• We can close the thread , I re-install the OMV and it started working fine. Problem I think was , after the installation was complete previously , you press enter to reboot ( as the reboot takes time .. I pressed the control+Alt+Del to expedite it ). It this screw up the final installation . A fresh install fixed it. ...

patience is virtue

Could you edit the original message and add the resolve tag

• Thank you for alerting us about waiting for the end of the installation. I was not waiting the reboot and so the FTP and SMB services did not work afterwards.
    Please, excuse the bad english, but I needed to thank you for the help because this was the only post that showed a solution to this problem.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!