OpenMedia Vault (Installation)

• KM0201: gigabit lan vs local filetransfer?
    ~110MiB/s vs. maximum read speed of the disk from which he copies? Which should be max 150MiB/s...
    Your wifi on the other hand caps at approximately 2,5 to 4 MiB/s.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Maybe I explained a bit difficult, when I connect the external drive to the Laptop I do see all the files and can mark them all and copy them. But when I try to get them pasted into the mounted drives on my NAS I can't. Do I have to do something with the rights concerning the Laptop user? It makes me crazy as I can't find the reason why I'm not allowed to write to the NAS.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "davidh2k"

KM0201: gigabit lan vs local filetransfer?
    ~110MiB/s vs. maximum read speed of the disk from which he copies? Which should be max 150MiB/s...

Greetings
    David

I would agree on Wired transfer... however since we're talking wireless... this can take some time. Also, you're assuming that it stays at a 110/150mbps... It's quite likely to fluctuate.

Anyway, that doesn't seem to be his question at the moment.

if you ssh the server, cd to the directory in question "Movies"
    and ls -l and see what it's read/write permissions are.

• Well just for my understanding, how does OMV handle such permissions? In my case as I mounted the drives, do I need a user profile also from the outside? What about the user from my Laptop how does the NAS get the information that I't the right user? I do have 2 buttons Priviliges and ACL are both of them relevant for me?

• Hi, just tried to get the result from ls -l

root@openmediavault:/export/Movie# ls -l
    insgesamt 0
    root@openmediavault:/export/Movie# ls -l
    insgesamt 0
    root@openmediavault:/export/Movie#

192.168.10.21:/export/Movie /mnt/mynas/Movie nfs nouser,atime,auto,rw,dev,exec,suid 0 0

mount -a

• Finally I fixed it as the ACL was not set for users. The mount works finally fine, but when I copy the files from my external USB disk to the NAS via the laptop I do have a top speed of 2,1 MB/s. Really slow, so I need 16 hours for 215 GB. Strange and I have no clue what's wrong so far, is there any chance to find out what makes it so slow?

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "openalf"

Finally I fixed it as the ACL was not set for users. The mount works finally fine, but when I copy the files from my external USB disk to the NAS via the laptop I do have a top speed of 2,1 MB/s. Really slow, so I need 16 hours for 215 GB. Strange and I have no clue what's wrong so far, is there any chance to find out what makes it so slow?

That's pretty close to normal, as was discussed earlier in this thread...

Zitat

KM0201: gigabit lan vs local filetransfer?

Greetings
    David

You can either:
    1. Get an ethernet cable, and wire your laptop to your NAS.. that should increase the speed quite a bit.

2. Mount the external drive on the NAS, and set up some rsync jobs to move the data... it will be WAY faster when moving that much data over the network. If I recall, earlier you said your USB drive was formatted in ext4, so it should mount no problem. Moving that much data over your network, IMO, is absurd... that's why I suggested rsync earlier in the thread (not to mention it won't require any input from you).

• chente

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!