Is OMV 4.x stable?

• Thanks for this clarification. So OMV4 is NOT (official) stable/final at this point and OMV3 is the recommended version. The "OMV4 stable"-tags in forum are also gone now. Is there any eta for OMV4 final on the horizon?

OMV 3 is NOT RECOMMENDED. Its underlying Debian Jessie is beyond End of Life. And AFAIK there will be no more updates to OMV 3.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

• this thread lead me to install version 3 instead of 4. so is that the recommendation for new installs if you want the most stable experience?

I have been using omv for over a year. It is really stable and works very flawless!

Regards Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Offizieller Beitrag

this thread lead me to install version 3 instead of 4. so is that the recommendation for new installs if you want the most stable experience?

You're looking at a thread that is over a year old. Look at the dates on the posts.

OM4 is stable now... since you are apparently early in all this, I would personally clean install OMV4.. or just upgrade.. either will work.

• I can't remember exactly which one they're using, but I have a test VM setup so I'll try loading Mumble and see what if anything blows up. Migrating to a Docker for TS3 shouldn't be too hard.

Were you ever able to test if Mumble works? I'm finally doing the upgrade to OMV 4.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!