VDR installing TV card failed

• I had new installed OMV 3.x because upgrade from 2x failed. No problem, everything worked fine so far, except VDR. VDR was the reason, why I frist tried to update instead of new install, as I was hoping my card is still recocnized after update.
    After new installation I tried to install drivers an firmware as follows

as this was the way I install this several times in OMV 2x
    Note: I had to install 'make' and 'zip' 'unzip' first

The result is as follows:

In the past I needed weeks to get this TV-card working and to create the workarround to install it again and again. Unfortunately it did not work in OMV3. I am still a Linux noob, so please could anybody give me support to adjust my workarround.

Many Thanks

• Which dvb card do you want to install exactly?

Upgraded my omv3 yesterday to omv4. With Debian stretch you have vdr2.2.0 in the default repo. So far my system and vdr work as expected. With omv3 I used e-tobis repo to get vdr2.2.0.

I have a digital devices max s8 dvb card, but maybe I can help you.

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Thanks Hoppel,

Just 5 minutes ago I got it solved by myself. Simply copied 'dvb-demod-m88ds3103.fw' which I found here to /lib/firmware/

My card is DVBSky S950 V3 and in OMV 2x it was always 'dvb-fe-ds3103.fw', no idea why this has changed.

• Ok, great that you solved it!

Have a nice day!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!