mountpoint

• When I log in to the server with putty, then I find my shares on a location /media/bdd79..........................a#/backup etc.
    When I log in to the web administration the shares seem to be in /dev/md127/backup etc.
    When I want to make a task or a cron job than I have to refer to /media/bdd79............a# instead of /dev/md127/backup. Is it possible to change (rename) the bdd79.....................a#.
    For example I want to make a simple task for renaming a directory on my backup share.

when I make a job with /dev/md127... the answer is "folder does not exist"
    When I want to change dir to md127 in putty it also says folder does not exist.

Hopefully a simple answer.

regards

Kees Geerts

• create mountpoints (i.e. mkdir /path/to/mount/point)
    open /etc/fstab
    there is a section (for example)
    # >>> [openmediavault]
    UUID=xxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxx /media/xxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxx ext4 defaults.....
    # <<< [openmediavault]

change the part after the first whitespace to /path/to/mount/point
    let the stuff after the second whitespace stay as it is.

For further information google "linux fstab edit"

• I should have warned at that point... I'm sorry. Haven't much more thought about that.

The more I wonder why it is not possible to change the mount point and afterwards links to those via a link named with the UID of that harddisk...

It seems to be a bug, or am I wrong?

I just tried to figure out what happens exactly and find myself creating a link within the mountpoint instead of to the mountpoint at the same tier although the link-command was correct...

*EDIT*
    I was wrong, but I didn't try that way anymore. Linking at least works as expected.
    */EDIT*

• I just took a look at the /etc/openmediavault/config.xml . I changed the <dir> to the new one (eg. /media/sdb instead /media/fsnamexxx-x-xxx) in the <mntent>-Part and creating a new OpenVPN-CA certificate worked. Before that change I got an err-message that the drive could not be found.

So, is that the only point that needs additional changes to avoid internal issues? Whereelse do plugins take their information about the system from?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!