PC installation to put in an headless server

• Hello all,

I just discover (one week) open media vault and I want to install it on an hp mediasmart (EX 490).
    Unfortunately, I don't have the vga adaptator required to do a comfortable installation. It seems
    easy from this post:
    OMV on HP Mediasmartserver ex490

So I tried to install on my actual PC (as old as the HP) first with the latest version 3.0.86. This was a failure,
    installation completed, but the boot failed "bad RIP value" "Kernel Panic not syncing: Fatal exception in interrupt".
    I did not try to put the drive on the HP.

I then tried the 4.0.14 still on my actual PC and then everything is good. The file
    /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules is not present anymore (it was present on the 3.0.86), so I can't remove it.

I tried to put the hard drive in the HP, but nothing happened :/ . When I look on the DHCP server, I can't find find any request (log
    is very brief). And of course, it's headless, so no possibility to connect any screen without the special cable (I'll build it as soon as I find the parts).

Do you have any hints I could use to solve my problem? :)

Thanks,
    Ngeo.

• I read this thread Install on EX495. Try to add to eth1 to my file which look like this
    (there is more line for the loopback interface).

Code
    # The primary network interface

allow-hotplug enp4s2

iface enp4s2 inet dhcp

May be it's due to the fact I disabled the onboard ethernet (too much problems) and I'm using a PCI-e card.

Still not working

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ngeo () aus folgendem Grund: result of /etc/network/interfaces modification.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!