can't delete missing drive

• Problem: I mounted the drive using the command line or GUI tool and I can't pick that drive in the shared folder device dropdown.
    Solution: Never mount a drive with anything other than the OMV web interface. This creates the necessary database entries to populate the device dropdown.

Is there a solotion for the oppsite of this problem? i "lost" a hdd and now have the problem that there is a entry of a filesystem that isnt avaible any more. i cant delete it, because i get an error message, that a special device isnt avaible. editing the fstab doenst help.

• Is there a solotion for the oppsite of this problem? i "lost" a hdd and now have the problem that there is a entry of a filesystem that isnt avaible any more. i cant delete it, because i get an error message, that a special device isnt avaible. editing the fstab doenst help.

You can probably clean it out of the /etc/openmediavault/config.xml file.

Look in the <fstab> section and delete the applicable <mntent>............</mntent> section.

WARNING: Make a backup copy of that file before you edit it and make sure you know how to restore the backup copy in case something goes wrong. <------read it again!

PS it would have been better if you started a new thread. I think that this thread should be locked and only suitable tips added to it by a moderator.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!